Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flexdrive V5 Pot - What size screwdriver?

Fiddy

G'day

Quick question, With the flexdrive V5 Potentiometers, what size screwdriver flat or Phillips is everyone using the adjust the current?

Ive tried the smallest one i own (1.4mm) and it doesn't fit like it should, i have to use it on an angle to get it to turn.

Cheers!

DTR

G'day

Quick question, With the flexdrive V5 Potentiometers, what size screwdriver flat or Phillips is everyone using the adjust the current?

Ive tried the smallest one i own (1.4mm) and it doesn't fit like it should, i have to use it on an angle to get it to turn.

Cheers!

I just use my dremel to make them small enough.:beer:

you can get a precision screw driver set for just a couple of dollars.

Fiddy

but they sell different size ones, im thinking 1mm would be small enough?

LaZeRz

I was just about to reccomend you jeff :D

although what do you mean by "a custom ground driver" I think you meant tool or some other word like that because I wouldnt like to see any drivers get grounded down :p

OK I edited my post so it makes more sense to more people, I'll just bet the
golfers out there don't want to see any drivers get ground down either :crackup:

Last edited:

clif

but they sell different size ones, im thinking 1mm would be small enough?

Mitch a 1mm flat-head fits perfect, I use the one in this set: Precision Screwdriver Set - 33 Piece

the whole set is like $7 or so and if you clip those coupons you can get 20% off of that, don't know what they charge to ship em to your neck of the woods but if you want the set I could get one to you for a lot less than they would. Of course I'm sure you can locate a 1mm flat-head somewhere closer than HFT.

That's a lot of screwin for $7.00, good find ;)

Mitch a 1mm flat-head fits perfect, I use the one in this set: Precision Screwdriver Set - 33 Piece

the whole set is like $7 or so and if you clip those coupons you can get 20% off of that, don't know what they charge to ship em to your neck of the woods but if you want the set I could get one to you for a lot less than they would. Of course I'm sure you can locate a 1mm flat-head somewhere closer than HFT.

Fiddy

Hmm, the 1mm in the kit i got was too big for the flexdrive pot, must of been out of tolerance to fit so i ground it down a little bit and it fits nice now :)

that kit is linked to is pretty darn good for the price tho!

clif

Hmm, the 1mm in the kit i got was too big for the flexdrive pot, must of been out of tolerance to fit so i ground it down a little bit and it fits nice now :)

I bought mine in the store for about $5 with a coupon and some kind of sale at the time. The smallest flathead in the kit worked great for me until I broke it trying to use it to pry open an aurora host pill driver or something.

clif

I found some really nice looking 1mm drivers (no tips, but a single piece tool) from proskit, I ordered a few of them, if they work on the flexs I'll carry em in the store for what I practically what I paid for em. :san:

personally i just use a regular razor blade. the corner of it catches the plastic nicely.

michael.