Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FlexDrive Reversed -/+

Does the new FlexDrive protect againsed connecting the batteries up the wrong way? I think my last V3 died because I put the batteries in the host the wrong way around.

Also are 1.4V AAA rechargeables fine to run through it to run a 803t?

The flexdrive is a buck/boost current regulated driver, which means that u can input any voltage from 2.5-6v, and it'll work. So whatever batteries u use doesn't matter as long as they add up to within the range of 2.5-6v

What you should be concern with is the current that passes through the 803t. That can be adjusted on the flexdrive. For blurays i believe its around 100mA, not too sure about that.

Tw15t3r said:
The flexdrive is a buck/boost current regulated driver, which means that u can input any voltage from 2.5-6v, and it'll work. So whatever batteries u use doesn't matter as long as they add up to within the range of 2.5-6v

What you should be concern with is the current that passes through the 803t. That can be adjusted on the flexdrive. For blurays i believe its around 100mA, not too sure about that.

Ok, just my last red build worked for about 1 hour and the driver just died, tt now only takes 5V in but only outputs 0.5V. The diode itself is fine.

I riped that one apart and I am going to replace all the parts with a blue ray later today. The driver has already been pre set at 100mA which going by a chart I found on here for the 803t it should be giving me around about 90mW which is fine for me.

I have nothing to test it with myself so I can't say for sure if it is definatly 100mA, I can only trust DrLava and say its already at 100mA.

daguin

The flexdrive does [highlight]NOT [/highlight]have reverse voltage protection. Put your batteries in the right way ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
The flexdrive does [highlight]NOT [/highlight]have reverse voltage protection.  Put your batteries in the right way ;)

Peace,
dave

I marked the pocketpal host to make sure I don't get them the wrong way haha.

Another $28 down the drain I think.

Got it together and nothing... This is the 2nd time I have had trouble with this build, it simply refuses to work at all this time around. Everything is wired up correctly exactly how it is in the pocket pal tutorial and nothing at all.

Only thing I can think of is the little contact going to the spring on the little board that apparently is not needed according to the service manager here at work so he took the liberty of cuting it off before it was even tested with it.

I don't know now, funny I have never blown a diode yet I appear to have blown both drivers.

Not sure about the nature about your problem, but the common mistake is to run the flexdrive without a load. Just have a look at the circuit. Someone nearly tried to put the switch after the flexdrive, which means that when the switch is open, the flexdrive is running without a load.

Tw15t3r said:
Not sure about the nature about your problem, but the common mistake is to run the flexdrive without a load. Just have a look at the circuit. Someone nearly tried to put the switch after]/i] the flexdrive, which means that when the switch is open, the flexdrive is running without a load.

Fixed it. It was just a bad connection.