Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

flexdrive low output

sirz

Hi

I have just rigged up a flexdrive to a test load ( 4 x in4001 and 1x 1 ohm 5w wirewound resistor) i have linked out the resistors and removed the resistor nearest the edge of the drive , i have measured the voltage going into the drive at 3.3 v but when i measure across the 1 ohm resistor i get 0v and if i measure across the wires at each side of the load ( drive output) i am only getting 350 mV .....

any ideas ?

HIMNL9

Hi

I have just rigged up a flexdrive to a test load ( 4 x in4001 and 1x 1 ohm 5w wirewound resistor) i have linked out the resistors and removed the resistor nearest the edge of the drive , i have measured the voltage going into the drive at 3.3 v but when i measure across the 1 ohm resistor i get 0v and if i measure across the wires at each side of the load ( drive output) i am only getting 350 mV .....

any ideas ?

Sorry, what do you mean with this ?

It's supposed to bridge the connections, not to remove the resistors ..... any pic ?

sirz

It says in the pdf file to remove the resistor marked with an x , to start with i didnt remove it but i had the low output problem , so i thought i would remove it , but i still have the same problem

Attachments

• smalll.jpg
    smalll.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 239

drlava

can you post a pic of the top also? The first thing I notice is that it's covered in flux, but other than that it looks ok.

sirz

here is a pic of the top.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 207
Boy did you make a mess. You didn't strip your wires enough either, IMO. How did you manage to get the flux everywhere?

sirz

so ... do you think that if i remove all the excess flux everything will be ok ?

drlava

It's worth a try. I can't see anything physically wrong so far..

No, flux shouldn't be an issue. I hate to ask, but you turned the pot right?

edit: Shot down by lava :)

tayou

So is this setup for the highest setting? (up to 1.5A). So you are supposed to take the resistor marked "X" AND bridge the connections too?

sirz

dohhh .... i had the input and output of the flexdrive the wrong way round .... swapped them over and it works like a dream ... gets a little hot though ... but i only have it in an aixiz module until i sort out a host for it