Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flex Drive Minimum 230 ma

My flexdrive is hooked up to a radioshack special 3v lithium Cr123 and no matter how much I turn the damn pot it will push a minimum of 230 ma. I'm setting it up for a PHR 803T, what's up with that?

Do you have any other browsers to test it with, just to be sure its not the battery?

Im pretty new to this bro, what is a browser. And the I just bought the battery yesterday, 2 for $20.

Here is what's up. I've made a testloader with 5, 10 ohm resistors making it 2 ohm. So in theory I should just multiply the out put on the meter by 2 since it is double resistance. But when I do this the lowest ma I can get is 230 and the high range bridge is not solderd. What is wrong with this?

First make sure your battery voltage is above 2.5vdc.

This is from the instruction sheet:

The driver will operate on loads that provide a voltage drop of 2.5V-5.5V across the Diode + and – terminals. Red laser diodes typically have a 3V drop and violet diodes typically have a drop of 5V, so both are acceptable. If you are using a resistive dummy load to set the current, make sure it has a voltage drop of 2.5 to 5V at your desired current. For example, if your target current for a blu-ray diode is 38mA, for testing, use a load resistor of 5V/.038A = 131 Ohms to accurately model the diode operating point. Another good dummy load is simply [highlight]4 regular diodes [/highlight]in series.

wow, sorry about that, i was half-asleep.

I MEANT to say
"Do you have any other [highlight]batteries[/highlight] to test it with, just to be sure its not the battery?"

I have just noticed that you have 3 threads going which are all related to the same laser

In one you say you cannot focus it, in another you say it is focused
In another you say that the driver is not giving enough power.

It would be far easier to help you if we had all the info in one place and without contradictory information.

Regards rog8811

you say that you are testing using a resistor. you should have you VOM on the lowest mV . NOT mA. connect the output of the laser driver to the resistor. set VOM to Volts (millivolts) and measure across the resistor. the reading is your driver output.