Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro SH-032 kit!

Hi all, I am somewhat new here at LPF, longtime lurker but even after registering I have not posted much. I am a student of electrical engineering in southern California, and have always been fascinated with high power lasers, as I am sure is also true of many other members here. This is not my first laser, I built a 4x bluray with help from the forum a while back, but this laser is of course the nicest and most powerful I now own. After reading all I could about the new 445 diodes here on the forum I knew I had to have one and after some research I decided Flaminpyro would be a great seller to build me a host.

The laser: your typical 445 diode in aixiz module powered by one microboost drive, maxed. Heatsinking the diode is a quite heavy copper slug machined by flaminpyro. Top quality machining on every part in the kit, nothing has been overlooked. Everything went together very easily once I had the kit in my hands, and the copper heatsink seems to work very well to draw heat away from the diode. I try to stick to 30s to 1 minute on to 1 minute off, to keep driver temperatures down. The finished laser feels quite substantial in my hands, and looks like no other laser I've ever seen. I opted for the sleek "hydra" style focus adapter flaminpyro offers, though he is happy to work with you to create custom designs if you choose.

Flaminpyro was a joy to deal with and was always happy to answer my questions and/or nagging despite the surely large volume of PMs he recieves. I have not tried any of the other products other forum members offer, but I highly recommend Flaminpyro for his excellent quality work and willingness to answer your questions and customize your laser.

now for the pics!

laser2.jpg

laser3.jpg

laser5.jpg

laser7.jpg

laser8.jpg

laser10.jpg

laser11.jpg

laser12.jpg

laser6.jpg

Beautiful. I like how the laser and driver are all together like that. I did my fair share of nagging too and he put up with it.