Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Purchase

I have been reading the forums for a couple of days now, I have been wanting to get my first laser pointer since I saw a friend with one at a party.

I have been looking at some of the 50mw 532nm Green pointers on O-Like and they look cool, but the whole waiting for 3 weeks wondering if the package got through customs worries me. So i thought i would check out the for sale forums here to see if anyone has a green one thats around 50-100mw for sale in the USA so i can avoid customs but really didnt find much.

I stumbled across a post in the trade forums though about a bunch of overspec 5mw green lasers. Now would getting one or two of those be a good idea or should i just try to find a good 50-100mw one or so from o-like or wait and find one on the forums for sale?

I only have about $100 to spend and wont be able to make another purchase for about 3 months so want to get one that will last a while and perform well.

Don't worry about ordering from O-like. I have never heard of one of their lasers being seized by customs.
You will get a much better laser from them. Most of my O-like 50mW's measure 70mW or so. Most of of the ones from eBay are around 20-25mW and die within hours.
If you want it to last, do not buy off of eBay.