Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first laser reke 500g vs 500RGB

imike

Of course on a budget. Going to use it for animation at an outdoor event.
Projector distance would like to be 150 feet from willow tree. Event will be filled with firework smoke.
Looking for liquid sky effect and ability to do some minor line animation. would like brightness vs colors if needed on cost.
If dumb question thanks for indulging me.

go for the RGB=- (just be sure they are not selling you a 405 purple and calling it 'blue' it takes a crapload of 405 to be seen when there is even just 50 mW of green- 50mW 532 = 1W of blue

It would be very good for you if you add your location in your personal proflie-
there could be a member close to you witha PJ for sale and AFAIK all those waiting for new parts for thier 'crystal balls' are still waiting--lol

I have owned three REKE RGB 500s and also have the REKE G 300mW- I will NEVER buy another reke-- most arrive in need of SOME work- and they are not easy to sell later unless you are OK with taking a big loss- as at one time there was a 'short period' when these were too cheap to say no. They had a free shipping deal going on- a sale on REKE 500RGB AND a discount coupon- so many of us got one for less than $210-
doubtfull that will ever happen again---

which is still more than they are worth. (perfect storm thing)

I can point you towards a better deal -- PM me w/ your email addy & I will send you some pics and info--

WARNING: Laser projectors have shown to be three or more times more addicting than handhelds- this can lead to 'empty wallet' syndrome..bankruptcy and divorce-- BUT you will find friends and family saying WOW!! instead of WHY? - Only us laser crazies understand the need of MANY handhelds---

at first you will be relying on the 'built-in' stuff and the REKE is the pits-- very boring the first night-- most chi-jctors do not have 'perfect' sound response- best to have the PJ up close to your speakers-- I have done some projecting on moss covered trees and it was pretty cool... all things considered- cheap white KING size sheets from the thrift shows make OK screens -- window sheers can be used as a scrim(0r skrim) for rear projection--foggers do not work too well but you have firework smoke so just set up so the wind in in your favor-- both 'tunnel' and "Liq sky' EFX can be done easily without a projector -- search!!

Last edited:
Hmm- canada too

maybe this is for real full color- - wonder what it makes after losses- they seem to call it both 500 and 600- IF it were 500 after losses AND full color that may be a good deal- BUt are there any reviews on these or this seller?? I would still Email then and ask if thses are modualted TTL or analog-(full color) I can save you ~$100 on the QS-

go to "retail-me-not" and see if they have any coupons or promo codes for stuff from this company- you may get one even cheaper- your other choices are to pick up a used one form a forum member- a few need to see and NOT because of the Projector-
I am letting my 500 REKE RGB go for $250 its seven color and works fine- low hours- add newest QS for another $498-

Post is a few months old, but what I do with Reke units to make them tolerable (and more legal) is disable the Y axis motor so the unit is entirely a flat scanner. This way it can be safely orientated over a crowd, and frankly looks better with a contant liquid sky. Servo/Stepper based units aren't good for much else anyways.

They are also easy to upgrade to higher powered diodes.