Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser pics

I finally got around to taking some shots of my new toy, a 5mW green laser from Opto. :)

I took these outside at night with 15 and 13 second exposures. The beam is reasonably visible to the naked eye, especially the closer in line the beam is with the line of eyesight, but of course a longer exposure makes for a sweeter picture. ;)

In the first picture, I'm shooting the beam out until it disappears on the slope on the other side of town, and in the second picture I'm holding it lightsaber-style. :D

Flickr Photo Download: Lightsaber Silhouette
Flickr Photo Download: Beam Over Town

:kewlpics:

93shad

u know thats realy funny that you would go and spend like $40 for a 5mW when u can find them for less than 8 bucks.
honnestly, good call. i have the 150+ optotronics pen. it came to me with an average of 164mW average. i am very happy with my laser and hope your opto toy is good!

Yeah, I knew I could get them cheap, but I figured I'd go reliable. :rolleyes:

Well It's not like opto makes the lasers. And I haven't heard of any DX 5mw's failing. and lately they're actually 5mw I guess. I did pay 15 to John lawson and he said that he put them under a LPM and were 5mw

Well It's not like opto makes the lasers. And I haven't heard of any DX 5mw's failing. and lately they're actually 5mw I guess. I did pay 15 to John lawson and he said that he put them under a LPM and were 5mw

But they do have a reputation for quality, customer service, and over-specced lasers. My 4.99mW laser is actually verified at 5.2mw.

I dunno... I just figured I'd be safe. :thinking:

Good move going with opto, when you buy things its always better to be confident and happy with your purchase.

-Greg

yea the one i sent were 5 and 6 mw i think kinda hard to actually get them that low any more lol

Matt on your flicker sight it seems that you have an good eye for photagraphy...good job and watch out this hobby has a way of draning your wallet. I'll say that any laser
at night where you live is going to be awsome...

Matt on your flicker sight it seems that you have an good eye for photagraphy...good job and watch out this hobby has a way of draning your wallet. I'll say that any laser
at night where you live is going to be awsome...

Thanks. :D

I'm in college right now, and it has a way of draining my wallet. :p

Gotta get back to studying... :undecided:

Sergiu

you probably already know this, but when using long exposure times, you kind of need to prop the laser on something steady

you probably already know this, but when using long exposure times, you kind of need to prop the laser on something steady

Yeah, in the one picture I was holding it like a lightsaber, so that was a little different, but in the other one I was resting it on the camera tripod. All in all, I wasn't being very hardcore, just kinda messing around. :p

I want to say that that might be a crystal alignment issue aggravated by the long exposer.