Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

First laser build! With pictures and part list

Mikiemike

Thought I'd try building my first laser using the following items and where I got them:

-S4 host (Same as C6 as far as pill/room goes) --Survivallaser
-Extended copper heatsink -- Survivallaser
-M140 445nm diode w/ 3 element glass --DTR laser shop
-X-drive 1.5A running at 8.4V -- Cajunlasers
-3/4" focus ring adapter -- Cajunlasers
-Blank contact board -- Survivallaser
-Temporary 2S lipo battery until my CR123A batteries come in the mail

Produces approximately 1.7W with a fully charged 2s lipo :D

Here we go.

First soldered the blank contact board followed by pressing it into the copper ring and drilled out pill to accept the x-driver

Next soldered the X-drive to the diode/contact board then put a little electrical tape since I ran out of heatshrink in that size :(

Snap shot of all the electronics together with the extended heat sink, I also did a thin layer of CPU paste around the copper diode.

Finished laser with the focus adapter in place :D

Beam shot of outside, I wish my camera could truly pick up the full brightness!

Good information on this forum, everything went smooth and quick.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MrMantis

Wow, this was pretty good, looks like a very powerful laser for a first build, That S4 Host, can you specify the make and model, I'm attracted to it.

Mikiemike

Wow, this was pretty good, looks like a very powerful laser for a first build, That S4 Host, can you specify the make and model, I'm attracted to it.
Thanks man! It's from Survivallaser and it's the DIY S4, I was about to get the C6 when I saw the S4 haha, definitely looks better! :D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice neat first build! :cool:

Good choice on using the S4 vs. the regular C6 IMO.

bdgreenb

i said to myself... if this is another c6 build, im done here. Nice First Build! +1, love the moh focus adapter.

Mikiemike

i said to myself... if this is another c6 build, im done here. Nice First Build! +1, love the moh focus adapter.
Haha yeah, there are a lot of C6 builds that's for sure. Thanks! I just made a copper extension to accept 2x 18650's, lot's of battery time now!

Last edited: