Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser assembled from DTR kit

Hvydvy

After lurking around the forums for some time I thought I would try to build something unique but just haven't found the host that I want for my own complete first attempt at a full build so I was looking at some hosts and asking Jayrob and DTR some questions about some builds and DTR showed me this host and the rest was history.

It was a full kit and I had very little to assemble. Just solder 1 wire lol. Here is my Sky-Ray SR5 Host Kit with 2W 445nm Copper Blue Laser Module W/X-Drive & 405-G-2 Glass Lens. I don't have an LPM but the beam is pretty impressive. Note that I made a hand made lanyard from 405 and 445 nm paracord :).

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

IMG_9679.jpg

gillza

And now you will not be able to stop building these :)
Congrats on the first laser!

Nice build man :) ... I really like this sky-ray host... maybe I will buy one when they will get back in stock :)

Last edited:
Nvm I got it! :) I spent all day trying to find a lab open to solder it together. Anyone know why the beam is ovular rather than circular?

Last edited:
its a multimode diode. m140 dont produce a dot but rather a line when fully focused