Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First experiance with burning light!!

I figured you flashlight guys would find it somewhat humorous if i told you all my first experiance with a burning light. :whistle: I grew up on a farm in the country and when i was about 10 years old my dad had one of those 1 million candlepower spotlights you plug in the cigarette lighter. One night i went out by myself to my dads pickup just to shine the light around and see if i could see any deer or anything around our place and suddenly heard a noise that sounded like a horse neighing. Now i still dont know why a horse neighing is such a scary sound but obviously it was to me then. We didnt have a horse so i guess i just figured there must be someone around.. I put down the spotlight and tore inside just as fast as i could. I really didnt give it any more thought after that. In the morning i went out to the pickup before my dad got to it because we were soon leaving to go somewhere. I opened the door and instantly noticed it looked all hazy in there and smelled kinda funny!.. Then i noticed the spotlight.. It was totally melted into crinkled up black plastic! I had forgot to turn the light off and had left it bulb down on the seat!! The only place you could see the seat was burned was because there was a 6 inch black hole in it!! Also all the foam in the entire bottom of the seat was burnt to a crisp but the only place it had burnt through the actual seat fabric was where the light had been! It still amazes me the whole truck didnt burn! I must have an Awsome Dad because i dont remember that he even got angry! We just got a new seat from a salvage yard a short time later. :D

AnthoT

Wow A flashlight that burned through the car seat. It must've been pretty bright :)

-Anthony

It was a 1 million candlepower spotlight. Have you ever felt the heat from one?

Lol what are you getting at? Is there a spot on the forum for spotlights?? :undecided: If you dont believe me get one and try it yourself. Maybe they used a different bulb ten years ago then they do today. It def wasnt LED!

AnthoT

Lol what are you getting at? Is there a spot on the forum for spotlights?? :undecided: If you dont believe me get one and try it yourself. Maybe they used a different bulb ten years ago then they do today. It def wasnt LED!

I believe you and I know there are burning hot lights out there and I believe your story lol.I think there's a place for flashlights here and I used to have one of those old bulb ones and it got really warm but never burned. It only burned itself out. I haven't even gotten an LED flashlight yet LOL :beer:

-Anthony