Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first diy-er

Hi I am going to build my first few lasers but have a few questions. I purchased two of the pht-803t diodes, an ir high power diode which I plan on using for a greenie module I have and I am waiting for my high output red diode to come. I also bought a some rkcstr full range microdrives and a dorcy jr. with heat sink. Is it possible for me to use the rkcstr driver in the dorcy jr. with one of the blu-ray diodes or would I not be able to get enough voltage? If this is the case is it possible to put a voltage booster in there somehow? Or would I just be better off making the dorcy jr a red or green laser? Any help is much appreciated

Basically, to use your rckstar you need more voltage. A lot more voltage. With a single battery flashlight like your Dorcy Jr. , you need a FlexDrive (currently out of stock). It's a boost driver so allows you to use less voltage.

http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php

You can still make your Dorcy a PHR- 803T laser, you just need a flexdrive, not a rckstr.

You can use a rckstr (no offense Geneticz) but you will need to use 2 CR2 Lithium 3.6v batteries in exchange for a AA you can find them online or at this ebay auction i picked two up for around 6$ after shipping. They are 1$ a piece I couldn't go wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110343287050

^
|----- the above link is the batteries.

I'm a newbie also but I spend probably 2 hours a day latley browsing the forum for more knowledge. I'm a laser student but until now, I haven't been this addicted.

pyrostic said:
You can use a rckstr (no offense Geneticz) but you will need to use 2 CR2 Lithium 3.6v batteries in exchange for a AA you can find them online or at this ebay auction i picked two up for around 6$ after shipping. They are 1$ a piece I couldn't go wrong.

^
|----- the above link is the batteries.

I'm a newbie also but I spend probably 2 hours a day latley browsing the forum for more knowledge. I'm a laser student but until now, I haven't been this addicted.

they were talking about using the rkcstr in the dorcy jr host, i can not use that combination because the rkcstr doesnt boost the voltage like the lavadrive. the dorcy jr uses one cr123 batt which does not allow adequate space for two cr2's. i am just going to turn the dorcy jr into a highpower red laser. that way i can use the rkcstr drives. i actually ended up putting the blu-ray laser into a small black project box from radioshack and hooking it up to a 9v battery. i've been burning white mats and lighting white matches without a sharpie. i even got my finger to smoke in less than a second! all my friends are in awe that i built a little black box burns crap with nothing more than a light.