Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FIRST BURN;)

J

jamie.91

hey, i just wanted to let everyone know i burned my first ever thing with a laser it is great! ;D
i wanted to use a lil 6V battery but after some testing i discovered it was not gonna happen so i modded it to use a 9V battery and Laz0r g00dness was upon me :D

no vids yet but some pics here http://the-final-frontier.piczo.com/?g=46093249&cr=7

BTW does anyone know how to get good beam pics ? like ISO settings ?

thanks jamie

daguin

jamie.91 said:
hey, i just wanted to let everyone know i burned my first ever thing with a laser it is great! ;Di wanted to use a lil 6V battery but after some testing i discovered it was not gonna happen so i modded it to use a 9V battery and Laz0r g00dness was upon me :D
no vids yet but some pics here http://the-final-frontier.piczo.com/?g=46093249&cr=7
BTW does anyone know how to get good beam pics ? like ISO settings ?
thanks jamie

Nicely done. To get the beam pics, burn some incense in the room or spray some aerosol deodorant in the air. Also, the beam is "brighter" coming at you. So take the picture from in front of the laser (mind your eyes and your camera lens).

Peace,
dave

J

jamie.91

ahhh good thinking ;D

thanks for the info i shall have a go now

will spray or smoke not clog the lense ?

daguin

jamie.91 said:
ahhh good thinking ;D

thanks for the info i shall have a go now

will spray or smoke not clog the lense ?

Do NOT spray it ON the lens. Just spray it into the air. Give it a few minutes to dissipate. If you are using incense, allow it to "fill" the room. You do NOT need to be choking on the smoke. It takes very little to add the needed visualizer (small particles) to the air.

Peace,
dave

you diode is still backwards in your first pics... hehehe  :D

Congrats on burning stuff!! It's great isn't it? So what exactly did you burn? Electrical tape? Leather? Balloons? A little sister?
oopsie.gif

I'm glad that, in some sort of roundabout way, I helped contribute to someones first burning by noticing a backwards silicon diode   ;D ;D

EDIT:  Oh yeah, as far as taking laser pics, put your ISO as high as you can without getting any noise in the picture, and play with exposure times until you get the look you want  :)

For a really cool effect, if you're outside in the dark, turn the flash on as well as a high exposure time. The flash lights up the foreground and the long exposure lights the background as well as displays the beam (because when the flash is on you normally cant see a beam very well)

J

jamie.91

yeah i know but cba takin new pics lol i still need some more pics as  have "modded" it to take a 9V battery instead of the lil crappy 6V that lasted all of 10 miniuts lmao

and gooey thanks for the diode help, and i burned the black "middle" part of a cd case lol :p :p

i am going to get some matches and balloons to play with lmao

thanks jamie

[EDIT] gooey, was it hard to make the dilda blu-ray ? i would love to make one but i see 2 problems

1. getting the driver and spring and everything to the right length

2.using the origonal focusing ring ?

thanks jamie

there are a few tricky parts with getting the focus ring to work correctly, because the 405nm diode is much shorter than the original diode that was in there, but its not too bad.