Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First build :)

So after doing some reading I have decided my first build will use a LPC-826, with that said I have a few questions. I will first link what I have all found and would like some feedbackLPC-826 660nm laser diode 250mw [LPC826] - $10.99 : Cajunlasers Store 26 AWG Silicone Insulated wire 65 strand WHITE 5FT [26AWGWHI] - $1.87 : Cajunlasers StoreBlank Aixiz Housing Module Includes Lens Cap Dust Cover for 5.6mm Laser Diodes | eBay
This is what I have found so far. I however am still confused about drivers and which one to choose. I also am unsure if I would need to order a new lens for the build. Once I have determined the driver I have to figure out what sort of host and battery to get. If anyone had any tips or could help out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

i also did a lpc-826 as my first build, i used a ghostdrive2 set at 456mA, however, you can go for a lower mA if you like. here's the link GhostDrive2
and you can use the standard lens that comes with the aixiz module, but i would recommend a 3 element one coated for red.

Last edited:
Here is my recommendation for your first 650nm laser build.

Use a project box.

It will not only be easier, but have a more hands on approach and give you a better sense of accomplishment.

Hosts look great and all but they can be difficult for a first build!

You can do great things with project boxes!

-You can install a DC Jack to run it off a wall supply or battery supply.
-You can give the driver a big heatsink
-You can customize it to make a totally unique laser
-You can space things out to lower the likelihood of electrical shorts
-You can add a nice powerful fan
-Indicator LEDs anyone?
-You can add a nice big red button! Everybody loves big red buttons!

Anyway, the list goes on and on!

If you need any help on building your laser, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help as best as I can!

And don't forget...

safety%20goggles%20required.jpg