Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Build - Survival Laser Rocks!

TZ250

Everyone, my first "build" is complete. Gary at Survival Laser has done the majority of the work when he designed his blue bundles.

I ordered the stainless version. I'm glad I did because it has an upscale look and feel. I also ordered the standard 190nm - 540nm safety glasses.

I made a mistake, even though I read the directions. I did not cut the wires to the specified length. I was focusing on soldering, not wire length.

I called Gary to ask about wire length. He politely, and patiently, answered my questions and ask if I had trimmed the wires per the instructions. Doh! That was embarrassing to have missed something so simple.

So far, I have only burned through a CD case.

Soon, I will test the power in my school's optics lab.

I will post the results soon.

Also, I wanted to mention that DTR and Survival Lasers ship quickly and are wonderful to deal with. The laser has only been together for a couple of hours, but I am already very happy with it.

What did you do to remedy the wire length? Did you order a new part?

Where's the pictures?

TZ250

What did you do to remedy the wire length? Did you order a new part?

Where's the pictures?

GDRGlock, I cut the wires, stripped the ends, then resoldered the wires. I did not order another diode. Here are a few cellphone snapshots. The last picture was taken with my camera. The beam was pointed at the ceiling and all of the lights were off.

My new laser was just a few minutes old.
Laser_1.jpg

The lens was out of focus to show the shape of the beam.
IMAG0581.jpg

Obligatory backyard night shot.
IMAG0585-Copy.jpg

This is the beam spot on the ceiling in a dark room.
DSC_5154-Copy.jpg

Last edited: