Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Build Help

Ins4ne

Hey, this will be my first build and I want an overview to make sure I am doing everything right so far. I plan on using my mini mag and turn it into a blu-ray with the phr-803t.

Here is a list of where and what items I will be using.

PHR-803T Diode Only
PHR-803T (diode only) - Laser Sleds - Lasers DDL

Aixiz Laser Module with Red Diode that I will be removing.
650nm 5mW laser module.3.2V to with lens 650 nm OEM - eBay (item 360195534055 end time Oct-11-09 23:24:42 PDT)

OR

PHR-803T blu-ray laser diode in focusing module - $15.99 : Modwerx Shop

*UPDATED*
http://darklasers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=24

Thanks

Last edited:

Well first off you are getting a module with a red diode already installed...

Check out modwerx for cheap prices and reconsider using a mini mag which may be too small.

Get a driver like rkcstrs or dr. lavas.

also, do alot more research before you build!;)

Last edited:

Ins4ne

Yea, I forgot to mention that I was going to remove the installed red diode and replace it.

Yea, I forgot to mention that I was going to remove the installed red diode and replace it.

The driver in that module wont work for a PHR diode, so don't get that module.

Just snoop around these pages for a while and you will start to understand what needs to be done. Just dont make any uneducated purchases, and make sure you are getting exactly what you need to make complete laser/module.

Modwerx will have most of the parts you need and jayrob makes excellent kits that are very easy to assemble.

Ins4ne

The driver in that module wont work for a PHR diode, so don't get that module.

Just snoop around these pages for a while and you will start to understand what needs to be done. Just dont make any uneducated purchases, and make sure you are getting exactly what you need to make complete laser/module.

Modwerx will have most of the parts you need and jayrob makes excellent kits that are very easy to assemble.

Alright thanks