Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First build, correct parts?

Hello,

i am going to try to build my first laser starting with a cheap laser (around $45 or so)

these are the parts i found and want to use. i was wondering if you got any comments on them or advice

diode : 405nm 300mW blu-ray laser diode 6x blu-ray diode sled | eBay

driver : New 405nm laser diode driver / adjustable to 600mA [OL-N405D-600] - $11.50 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

laser module housing +lens :
405nm/445nm laser module housing w/glasses lens [OL1845-BL] - $9.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

or

405nm 5.6mm Laser Diode Module Host/
(wich do you think is a better body?

apart from a body where i can fit everything in (can you recommend one?) i believe i have everything ?

if you have any advice plz tell.

so what do you think? is this a good set up? :)

thanks, but i read most of those threads.
just because i read all of them doesnt mean i am suddenly capable of making the right choices correctly first time.

so i was wondering if anyone could check this and confirm that this set up will work.

sinner

Yes it would work, even though it is just a random set up, if things go wrong i wont be surprised..
You would be better off with DTR's 12x 405nm setup which he sells with a microboost driver and a 405 glass lens.. All the soldering is already done and you just need to feed it 3.7-4.2V off a single lithium battery.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/s06j-12x-405-diodes

It would cost you arround 110 bucks and shipping but it's the best that there is in the 405nm section.. You can put it in a C6 flashlight host which you can get pretty easily..

Also the output will be 500-700mW which is twice as compared to the 6x which might not be 300mW imo :thinking:

Yes it would work, even though it is just a random set up, if things go wrong i wont be surprised..
You would be better off with DTR's 12x 405nm setup which he sells with a microboost driver and a 405 glass lens.. All the soldering is already done and you just need to feed it 3.7-4.2V off a single lithium battery.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/s06j-12x-405-diodes

It would cost you arround 110 bucks and shipping but it's the best that there is in the 405nm section.. You can put it in a C6 flashlight host which you can get pretty easily..

Also the output will be 500-700mW which is twice as compared to the 6x which might not be 300mW imo :thinking:

yeah 300mw is probaly not the real power, but that isnt a problem, its just a test build. if it works i can always upgrade the diode.

btw for 110 bucks i can also buy Power Rock 400mW blu-ray 405nm laser torch/adjustable/waterproof [OL-405T-400] - $102.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce wich saves me the trouble of making one myself. but that would take all the fun :p

but okay,going to order them. best way to learn is by just trying

sinner

Well i am not surprised when you are comparing DTR's stuff to a chinese manufacturer..
Anyhow, money is also important..

Well, another thing to consider is that DTR's stuff ships out fast, and those diodes are a bit more robust than 405nm diodes. You might fry a 405nm diode where a 445nm or 638nm are more tolerant. I never get the pre-wired stuff from DTR anyway; the diodes, however, are excellent and the shipping time is great.