Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fireworks and Lasers!

Well as I said earlier in the week I would be taking my laser to a firework party, unfortunately my x/y scanner didn't turn up but the laser itself still amazed. Firework smoke is perfect for showing off, would be even better for a show just when loads of fireworks are going off the smoke gets too thick and just blocks the beam from going through it.

But still it did the job and wowed everyone! Had some fun burning random things, we also tried lighting a sparkler using it... its only a 75mW, no chance haha still worth a try.

Pictures coming soon, my aunts camera was better so I will get her to send me them.

Sparkler? If balloons are level 1 in this game, and matches are level 2, sparklers would be level 5 methinks. Note to self - must try this later.

Cyparagon said:
Sparkler? If balloons are level 1 in this game, and matches are level 2, sparklers would be level 5 methinks. Note to self - must try this later.

Haha exactly! It pops balloons perfectly, and it does light matches... eventually... with new batteries in there.

last night it were like already bonfire night here, constant fireworks going off all around me all night and im right in the middle of it. i took my rpl out for a walk but coz of the smokey sky its far too noticeable cant take risks especially with police looming around watchin out for kids misusing them etc. tomorrow night il definitely take my rpl to castle hill. its pitch black here at night and u get some great views too.
http://www.bronte-country.com/castle-hill.html

darklandz said:
last night it were like already bonfire night here, constant fireworks going off all around me all night and im right in the middle of it. i took my rpl out for a walk but coz of the smokey sky its far too noticeable cant take risks especially with police looming around watchin out for kids misusing them etc. tomorrow night il definitely take my rpl to castle hill. its pitch black here at night and u get some great views too.
http://www.bronte-country.com/castle-hill.html

Most people would do it on a Friday or Saturday, they have no work the next day. Although I am off to another tonight, not taking laser to this one though.

450nm

It's foggy as anything here in Wiltshire tonight. The range of my 250mw greeny is severely reduced but the brightness has increased darmatically. The beam can also now be seen side on.

450nm said:
It's foggy as anything here in Wiltshire tonight. The range of my 250mw greeny is severely reduced but the brightness has increased darmatically. The beam can also now be seen side on.

Yeah, exactly what mine was like last night.

Showing it off through the BBQ smoke 1 person actually said they could still see the beam even after it was turned off. Shows how bright the beam is through smoke.

There is a big public display here in about 1 hour, I think the thousands of people there already seen my beam from my window right across the venue grounds.

Rhith

Lasers and fireworks? ;)
http://www.wirelesscord.com/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=9
normal_100_3907.JPG

whats with all the fireworks going on in november? is it some kind of secret holiday?

what, fire? i'm jealous! i wish we had random bonfire days in the US! (although, come to think of it, with all the idiots roaming this country, we would probably burn half the US ;))

Timelord basically said it all but its celebrating guy fawks, a person who plotted to blow up the houses or parliament which is a rather important building where important people have very, boring, important meetings about England's laws ect.

The guy was caught before he got yo blow up the place though and now every year around November time England celebrates. Although I think the reason for the celebration has died a little now, its not really celebrating now its just an excuse for a big fire and lots of fireworks.

Who needs a reason for fire and fireworks? Light up, watch the show, and avoid the whistle-blowers! :D