Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fire stopped from Diamond Bar!

daguin

scopeguy20 said:
It looks like we made it this time!   :)

You're still in your house  :eek:

Dude.  I would have been making trips to move irreplaceable stuff to my son's house all night.

Good news though.

Peace,
dave

I was looking at the hard to move stuff while packing the important papers and pictures etc. Glad the all clear came before I started packing the pets up and loading the car. Just the pets and the personal needed stuff is more than the Excursion can hold!

Glad you and yours are safe. Amazing how fast they can come up and change and how much damage they can do so fast. How close did it come this time?

During the Gap fire earlier this summer, the evacuation warning came to about 1/4 mile from my apartment, and luckily never got any closer It was visible the entire time, though; we could see the flames all the time for about a week. The Tea fire earlier this week in Montecito/Santa Barbara came maybe 1/2 mile to a mile from where my wife works, and the warnings came to the other side of the 101, just exactly the width of the highway (although that's about as good of a firebreak as you'll ever find, we weren't too worried). These fires are nerve-wrecking, glad you're safe.

We were 1/4 mile away today, from the evacuation area, but the flames were about 3/4 mile away from my house, I would estimate. The main street through town was closed as well. A real close one. Count your blessings! -Glenn