Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finished with school!

Finally finished my clinicals and took my final test. I'm so glad it's finally over!
Now i've got tons of free time to sit around, and do absolutely nothing :D

medic.jpg

Last edited:

Congratulations! I'm sure you will find some way to fill the time.

images.jpg

Congrats!

Now go save some lives. :na:

Must have been very tough to keep up with the med studies and lasers at the same time.

Cheers! :beer:

ARG

Congrats Moh! Go save some people now!

Now i've got tons of free time to sit around, and do absolutely nothing :D

With all that free time you could get back in the laser bis ;) (/joke)

Blord

Congratulations, we have sometimes emergencies on laser issues as well. Missing heatsinks etc :D

Things

Good shit Moh :)

I had to do a first aid course as part of a certificate, that was enough for me, I'll leave the saving lives up to people who can remember the procedures :D

When I took my test, I was 100% sure I had failed it. A lot of the questions had multiple right answers, some didn't had enough information to choose a definitive answer.
It was Adaptive testing where questions are ranked based on their difficulty, and as you get questions right it will give you harder questions, and as you get them wrong it will give easier questions until it's 95% sure of your knowledge level. Base on that level, it gives a pass or fail score.
I answered just over 70 questions and the test ended itself. I even almost purchased a membership to a study guide website before getting my results, but I logged on to the NREMT website the next day and saw "Paramedic" under my name.

This just lets me talk even more shit at work. I only know of two other paramedics who passed their test on the first attempt.
There are 4 levels of pre-hospital care: EMR < EMT < Advanced EMT < Paramedic
I have reached the top, so now I can look down from my mountain and scowl at those below me :crackup:

As far as lasers go. I'm still going to be busy in the near future. My wife and I are trying to get a home loan.
We have found a modular and land we want, so we're trying to get the financing to buy it all, have a basement poured and put the modular on top of it. That way we can have a brand new ~3800 sq ft (includes basement footage) house on ~20 acres of land for less than $150,000

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a journey.

Cheers to you for conquering this arduous journey and the test in one shot.

I'm sure you'll look back at what you have done and grin.

(psssst, I heard paramedics earn a lot, so you should be confidant about your future)

Congrats on your new house as well!

Cheers! :beer:

They don't really earn a lot. Most paramedics earn just over 40k a year in this area.
But that's only working 3 days a week.

We can easily live a comfortable life on my 40k, plus the wife's nursing salary and love my career, and spend more than half the week off work.

Last edited:
Wish I had 40K income as well. :)

Is the 3 days/week consecutive or every other day?

Edit: Are you still a student? Did you update your profession in your user panel? XD

Last edited:

dyeote

Big Congratulations for getting through the clinicals :bowdown: and receiving your certification :gj:
And it's good to have you back with us Matt :beer:

Wish I had 40K income as well. :)

Is the 3 days/week consecutive or every other day?

Edit: Are you still a student? Did you update your profession in your user panel? XD

depends on where you work.
Right now I work friday, saturday, and sunday.

I plan to change that though. I've worked every weekend for the past 4 years. I want my social life back.

Great news Matt! Very happy for you.

Just brought my mother home from another overnight stay in the hospital, so got to see many folks in the medical field. (Serious afib issues again which I think brought on a full blown panic attack.)