Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finished PHR in chrome leadlight

I finally finished my first PHR-803t build. I was waiting for a few weeks for my batteries from DX. I'm using a PHR-803t with rkcstr driver set at 110ma in a chrome leadlight from Jayrob. I'm using two 10440's to power it. I test the batteries often so they don't discharge under 3.5v each. Well here are some pics and a couple simple videos. I've got a LPC that I'm working on, as well as a 6x and 8x on the way.

IMG_2299.jpg

The flash makes this look really smudgy. But it isn't noticeable otherwise.

IMG_2300.jpg

My aixiz module fits very snug in this host. I didn't have use a solder blob or anything to get it to have a good connection.

IMG_2301.jpg

No eyes were hurt in the making of these videos:

I don't have a tripod for my camera, so I had to set the camera down, and use the laser without resting my arm on anything, hence the shakey hands and penmanship.

Thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions!

Last edited:

how much did you spend for that build? you said the host came from jayrob??

ZRTMWA

Nice! You must have been blind after staring at that dot writing LPF. I was and that's through a camera!

ZRTMWA

no, I had goggles on.

I thought you might say that right after I posted it. I know that just staring at a dot from a magnifying glass while trying to burn words into dark wood hurts. But I guess I could just wear sunglasses for that.

mfo

Awesome build, you actually have me interested in purchasing one of these hosts now for my PHR build! I must ask you though, how long do you use your batteries before you charge them? Did you place the rkcstr drive inside of the aixiz module, or do you need to solder the button onto the module? Over all, was it a pain to put together because it does look awful small in there. Thanks.

For the batteries, what I do is use the laser, then at night I take the batteries out. The next morning, I test them to make sure I've got over 3.5v from each battery. If I were to do this build again, I would use a flexdrive instead, so I don't have to monitor battery voltage.

The rkcstr driver is in the aixiz module, with a wire for the positive battery input connected to the momentary switch, and the other side of the switch has a spring to contact the positive side of the battery.

It wasn't that hard to put together, Jayrob includes all the needed parts. You just have to mount the switch on a piece of PCB and solder a spring to contact the battery.

mfo

For the batteries, what I do is use the laser, then at night I take the batteries out. The next morning, I test them to make sure I've got over 3.5v from each battery. If I were to do this build again, I would use a flexdrive instead, so I don't have to monitor battery voltage.

The rkcstr driver is in the aixiz module, with a wire for the positive battery input connected to the momentary switch, and the other side of the switch has a spring to contact the positive side of the battery.

It wasn't that hard to put together, Jayrob includes all the needed parts. You just have to mount the switch on a piece of PCB and solder a spring to contact the battery.

Do you have pictures of the actual construction process? I'm really into this host now, especially because of the price. However, I do have a couple of questions for you.

1) http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/Pen host1.jpg

Says here the board is not included. Does he mean the driver board, or the PCB? If he means the PCB, where did you get yours from?

2) How is everything held in place inside there, most importantly the on/off switch? Thanks.

Yea the kit doesn't come with a driver or the PCB board for mounting the momentary switch, which is included. You can get some PCB at Radioshack. It comes with this little black piece to hold the switch. I don't have any pictures of it right now (I'm at work), but check out Jayrob's thread, I remember seeing a picture there before. I can probably post some more pics later.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-new-pen-host-kits-all-parts-included-nice-22561.html

Last edited:
Wow, I've never seen a host anything like this one. What is it's length?
It looks like a very nice laser, nice job.
Also, my PHR should be done soon; I was having problems with it and DarkArmyOfOne accepted to fix it, replace any parts, and throw in quite a bit of free stuff.