Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally, up and running. Silvershot's argon

I thought this deserved a new thread since these babies tend to be owned only by few people here. I think my collection is complete for now. I am aiming for a yellow laser in the future. But for now, I will play with this argon. I will be updating this thread from time to time, if I have more media.

So all in all, a guy on PL offered to replace my almost dead tube with one of his for free, which he didn't want. I paid shipping both ways and he agreed My first tube stayed at Carolina and a new one arrived home just today :) So, my new toy does ~145 mW at 8.5 A and has about 1000 hours on it. I have ran it most of the time at idle today and turned the current even at 10+ Amps to get some pics. Below are some pics with my poor camera and a video of the setup. in the video I show how I installed hose tighteners both at the colling fan and the back of the laser so no air can escape.Near the end of the video I turned the pot to get the laser running back at idle. If you have any questions about the setup, let me know and I'll answer them if I can. The beam is teal all the way and is not exactly like in the pictures or in the video. :beer:

I'm just glad I finally have a working argon. It was worth waiting for something like this. I now know what my favourite colour is :D
first 2 pictures show the beam when the laser was running at idle and 3d one at full power :drool:

100_1278.JPG

100_1281.JPG

100_1282.JPG

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That is such an awesome color :D I've always thought about getting one of those, but have always been too paranoid about something happening to it in the mail. :(

Sweet Argon Love!!:beer:
Great that you finally got yours as well! Feels great when it fires up(even in idle).
Do you have the tube information? Is it multi-line?
Either way love the pics!

@2007Revolution......Timelablasers has a very nice argon for sale as well does Daguin in the for sale threads. Both will package them for travel and chances are that it will arrive in working order(i'v gotten HeNe's from Rob and my Argon from Dave all arrived no problem)

Sweet Argon Love!!:beer:
Great that you finally got yours as well! Feels great when it fires up(even in idle).
Do you have the tube information? Is it multi-line?
Either way love the pics!

@2007Revolution......Timelablasers has a very nice argon for sale as well does Daguin in the for sale threads. Both will package them for travel and chances are that it will arrive in working order(i'v gotten HeNe's from Rob and my Argon from Dave all arrived no problem)

The guy I got it from says it does ~145 mW at 8.5 A. Yes it is a multiline unit and produces 6 lines at least at idle. I just put it at full power and it seems to do 7 lines :)

SWEET!!!!Gas lasers are the Best!
I love my argon, the multi-line is amazing!

.....only down side is how it heats up my room;)

Awesome.:) You got it going. Looks very nice.

+ For Finally getting it going.;)

One day i will get something like that. Just dont know to much about them at this time.

vk2fro

Hey Silvershot

Congrats on getting the argon going. You lucky sod with a multiline. Multilines tend to do that - as you crank the power up the weaker lines begin to show.

So long as the barrel isnt getting so hot you cant touch it, you should be fine as far as cooling is concerned. Now stick a pair of galvos in front of it and have a non blanked but still cool laser show :)

I just remailed one of the lasers that timelablasers is selling - cost a small fortune in post. Sad to see mine go (for a second time) - but i dont have the space at the moment for an argon.

I would however make room for a multi line unit like that - they're quite compact if you can put the power supply under the bench (sitting on a shelf)

Hey Silvershot

Congrats on getting the argon going. You lucky sod with a multiline. Multilines tend to do that - as you crank the power up the weaker lines begin to show.

So long as the barrel isnt getting so hot you cant touch it, you should be fine as far as cooling is concerned. Now stick a pair of galvos in front of it and have a non blanked but still cool laser show :)

I just remailed one of the lasers that timelablasers is selling - cost a small fortune in post. Sad to see mine go (for a second time) - but i dont have the space at the moment for an argon.

I would however make room for a multi line unit like that - they're quite compact if you can put the power supply under the bench (sitting on a shelf)

Thanks for your reply. The truth is that the whole setup sits on the only couch I have in my apartment and I do not feel like inviting guests for now LOL Both the tube and the psu are quite heavy so it would be hard to move them together. I dont own any galvos now, nor do I know how exactly they work, but I have been thinking seriously about a possible laser show with these beautiful colours. However, I could set up a cheap laser tunnel with some motors I have here. Don't worry, I'll be updating this thread whenever I have something new that has to do with this laser :) Believe me, lpf is actually the first place I post my progress. Friends come second ;)

Hey this is DJ Matt form PL
Glad to see some pics of the bad boy up and running!!
enjoy
Be Blessed!