Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

finally sucessfully built my first home brew lasers

well im glad i didnt give up, in about 6 hours i made 2 ddl powered lasers, a phr-803 @ 100mA in an sucrets tin, and a LCC 16x burner running at 300mA in an altoids tin lol how far can i push a LCC 16x burner diode with just an axiz housing for cooling no extra heatsink

I had one going at 230mW for a good 6 months in a pen style with a regular old aixiz module. It just died last week. On the up side I have an extra flexdrive and host to work with.

don't forget to post the r.i.p lasers in the dead diode thread.

Sciullo ---

Congrats on a dual success :) You are now offically HOOKED on lasers.
Enjoy with safety.

Mike

Laser in tins?

Makes me think about an accident that happened with one of my lasers.
My brother accidently brought it to class thinking it was a highliter, and actually I did build it in a highliter.

Well nice job, pics are always appreciated.

Just a question, what type of heatsink are you using?

mfo

Congrats on your great success! I recently contemplated giving up, but screw that. I've messed up 5 PHR's so far (lol I know I suck) and I have two more coming. Now if I mess up these next two then I think I'm officially out of the game. Hopefully in a few days I can post my great success thread w/ pics.

Congrats on your great success! I recently contemplated giving up, but screw that. I've messed up 5 PHR's so far (lol I know I suck) and I have two more coming. Now if I mess up these next two then I think I'm officially out of the game. Hopefully in a few days I can post my great success thread w/ pics.

i guess i got lucky with my phr 803t i mean i had a ebay blue that ran at 150mA but that died and idk if it was a 6x or something, but the blue is so far stable running at 100mA

Laser in tins?

Makes me think about an accident that happened with one of my lasers.
My brother accidently brought it to class thinking it was a highliter, and actually I did build it in a highliter.

Well nice job, pics are always appreciated.

Just a question, what type of heatsink are you using?

none on either, unless you consider a bit of silicone to hole the modules in place, thats why im asking if i can run my red diode at 350-420mA like i hear, its only on for like 30 seconds max then i let it cool

thats awesome. i built my first blu ray in an altoids tin. I had a lot of fun with it at bars. Any small amout of smoke makes the beam bright!

well now im looking at getting a large open can (lpc 815) to run at around 400-410mA but i need a heatsink, once again for a small project box or an altoids tin

Get a Kryton, $50 for everything but batteries and diode.
I can sell you if you want a long closed can diode, pre-extracted and tested for $10 + shipping BTW.