Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Final Stage: Battle Royale

finalstage_by_stonekaiju-d6ozu3r.jpg

Congratulations to our final two! Jimmyoneeye and CDBEAM777 :D

The votes were as follows, by order and post #:

Wolfman 7 total: #2, #6, #10, #15, #18, #22, #101

CDBEAM777 14 total: #12, #17, #26, #46, #50, #51, #52, #55, #56, #62, #74, #76, #79, #120

cantthinkofone 1 total: #13

jimmyoneeye 8 total: #14, #21, #24, #25, #38, #77, #87, #108

Lightning Stalker 1 total: #43

Jayrob 2 total: #73, #110

Everybody did an amazing job and should be proud of themselves :beer: The forum has spoken.

From this point diodes will be shipped, Awesome Lasers will be built and our Celebrity Judges Daguin, DTR and Lazeerer will make the final decision.

Progress and comments may be posted here...

Let the wild rumpus begin! ;)

Edit...

The Final Battle will be extended till after the beginning of December, towards the holiday season as these builds will be a bit of a treat for everyone on the Forum ;)

More details to follow...

~ LB

Last edited:

A HUGE thank you to ALL !!!!!!!!!!! I am grateful for your support !!!!!!!...and congratulations to Jimmyoneeye.

I will do my best to use the C-Mount, so generously donated by Lazerbeak, to deliver a great build. The " Lawgiver II " will deliver !!!!

Together…we all bring this forum and hobby to higher and higher levels of performance and art. It is truly a team effort….and I am humbled by the many GREAT builds I have seen LPF members freely share. Their skill and passion are epic…and I only hope that the “ Lawgiver II “ can achieve somewhat the same level of excellence.

Sincerly…CDBEAM=======>

Last edited:
Thank you Very much! :wave: To all voters, participants, and especially to Lazerbeak. This means a lot to me. I am kind of a shut in and do not usually participate in much of anything. I have a t12 l1 burst fracture from an accident in 1996. I started reading here when I developed a decubitus ulcer in 2009. In stead of croaking I started making stuff to keep me busy and off my ass. So I guess this place helped save my ass, thanks for that too.
I learned most all of what I know about lasers from here. And without this site or this contest there is no way I could have made my LUZY. You have been my friends for years even if you didn't know it. Thanks. :bowdown:

Thank you Very much! :wave: To all voters, participants, and especially to Lazerbeak. This means a lot to me. I am kind of a shut in and do not usually participate in much of anything. I have a t12 l1 burst fracture from an accident in 1996. I started reading here when I developed a decubitus ulcer in 2009. In stead of croaking I started making stuff to keep me busy and off my ass. So I guess this place helped save my ass, thanks for that too.
I learned most all of what I know about lasers from here. And without this site or this contest there is no way I could have made my LUZY. You have been my friends for years even if you didn't know it. Thanks. :bowdown:

Good to hear that this community has helped you, even without our knowing! Congratulations on winning, You really do have an awesome design :)

also congratulations to CDBEAM. Both of your designs look like they will yield some crazy high power.

And to Wolfman, so close! :( you had a really sweet design as well, too bad there couldn't have been 3 winners!

Wow. Guess I'm not the only one here with health problems. I've had severe ulcerative colitis since 2007 and almost died a couple times. They had to remove the colon back in April and cannot reattach due to lingering disease.

Then there are the "other problems."

Pman

Never ending kidney pain. 25 years and counting (issue started when I was about 23). Have to wear a fentanyl patch to bring lower my overall pain to a somewhat reasonable level. Fight it out everyday to continue working. Stop moving and you start dying;)
The biggest reason why I have so many units/builds (lets just say well over a 100) is this is great "therapy" as jimmy stated. Helps keep the mind occupied so I'm not just thinking about how uncomfortable I am.
Thus the reason for my tutorials on how to do things for little $. This is the only forum that I am actively involved in and have made some really great friends here. I would like to think that I have contributed back and try to as much as I can.

Pete

Thanks for hosting such a great idea/project LZB and to all those who contributed their ideas and LOTS of time we are all the better for it:) I personally appreciate all your efforts.

Last edited:
Wow, what a bunch we are :) I was wiped out with food poisoning for the last 2 days, which is why I was a bit absent.

Much appreciated Pman and everybody else. Congratulations once again CDBEAM777 and Jimmyoneeye :beer:

Looking forward to a great match, Form follows function, or Function follows form :thinking:

~ LB

Now now they both look good and work well! Well hopefully on the later. Lol just kiddin LB. I've enjoyed this very much. Thanks for the work of arranging it.

Pman

Hardly slept last night. 101.8 fever this morning. Think I got it fom LB:)

Last edited: