Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Final Eposide

tatman

in the continuing saga of "i'm pissed" WOW! yesterday the guy in the brown truck came to my job w/ a package from Canada 4 me. Laserglow sent my new laser FAST! everybody remember? it was only last week i was pissed because i missed the sale, right? well Justin said they would honor the sale price, so i sent $ to them next morning...now i'm cuttin,slashing,an burnin! no electronic money or mail...ol fashion! Aries 100,the way it looks to me is i paid 4 a hundred milliwatts and their testing says it peaks at around 140 then settles to 120 mw forever so i get 40 free mw most of the time and at least 20 free mw forever, how could ya beat that? i bet they could see this thing on the moon! in lit room (not BRIGHT!) the beam is at least as visable w/ no smoke as my other greenie in a dark room WITH smoke as a viewing aid. OTHER means 20mw newwish that NEVER output 10mw...more like 5. ARIES 100 goes through blk garbage bags INSTANTLY! baloons pop INSTANTLY! matches...QUICK! problem w/ matches is i'm doin all this freestyle...in the air by hand. MAN just your pulse get amplified by zillions at any distance, so a tripod or something would help. now i KNOW you guys were ALMOST as crapped out as i was so i just wanted to update you and say THANX to u all 4 the support. i know that u r all ALMOST as ampd as me to hear the ending! a funny thing has happened to me though. i have discovered that this whole laser toy power thing is just exactly like my job. i Tattoo for living and have long known that a person who gets a Tattoo is going to get more Tattoo...no matter what they say! because i hear it all the time" i'm NEVER gonna do THIS again!" and next week back 4 more. well now i have this ARIES 100, i'm already wanting MORE POWER! not even 24 hours! but, like Tattoo, i don't think LASERS are addicting...they are both just SO DAMN COOL, why would ya ever want to quit? but, if i HAD to, i really could quit both, COLD TURKEY! but i'm not gonna, even if they try an intervention! work bekons.(that means sux, right?)

T

timelord

I'm glad to hear you have a happy ending hope you will post some pic & video's of your new beast ;)

S

SenKat

AWESOME ! Glad you got what you wanted - or actually MORE than you expected ! :cool: Those guys at Laserglow are top notch !

Too cool Tatman..... you mentioned how it cuts and burns like a banche indian, but tell us how "bright" it is compared to the other one..... I bet its hard to tell without having them side by side...... but what do you think?

Did you get any glasses from them?.... prolly not eh?... they're a little spendy.....

I imagine they would flat out tell you if you called and asked.... my Herc has one right on the surface to tweak with.... but my question is... if laserglow tweaks and "fine tunes" the Herc for maximum stable power.... why weren't they already that way from the factory?
And if the factory's not doing it, then whats the story with the Aries?..... can you indeed tweak it to better tolerances?

Usually when you turn one up, you will get a higher initial peak... and that peak may even last longer, but then when it settles to cruising altitude... that may be lower as the heat curve takes its toll on given parts with thier given efficiencies.

Right now.. that Aries can run about as long as the batteries hold out..... just keep in mind, if you figure out a way to turn it up, you will need to keep your runtimes lower to compensate... AND at that higher power, it may not be stable.

Just my opinion, but I build computers and I used to spend tons of hours "all in the name of fun" trying to run them faster, hotter and meaner to squeeze a little more power out of the processor and the video card and memory..... I finally decided I hated the unpredictablity of running fine when I'm doing nothing of importance, but while in the middle of a game it may crash......

I finally decided to adopt the wisdom that I could work one extra day and buy a processor that was much faster than the slower tweaked up and everything was stable?

I guess what I'm trying to say is... if you really can't stand the temptation to take it apart and turn it into a toy, its yours to play with....
but I think that same amount of time and energy spent working an extra day at your job would allow an upgrade that would be much much hotter and stable than tweaking that one!

Just a thought..... but the prospect of working another day may not be as much fun!

I bought a penlaser, then had to have the ARies, then had to go for the Herc... so I know the feeling of appreciating the added power and brilliance so much that you have to see what "more" is like!!!!!!

I don't know if your 7 days has ran out or not.. but you may want to simply send that one back and upgrade instead!

tatman

thanx much 4 advice and opinion,windstrings. u r most certainly correct. i only wish u were in cal instead of tex, as my biggest prob now is this computer. u could p-robably square it asway quick, but it's makin me nuts.

tatman said:
thanx much 4 advice and opinion,windstrings. u r most certainly correct. i only wish u were in cal instead of tex, as my biggest prob now is this computer. u could p-robably square it asway quick, but it's makin me nuts.

Heck Tex?.... you ought to put where your from man!.... you could have gotten together with me and Senkat recently!!!

Of course tEx is bigger than most countries! LOL!

What part you from... both of us do computers?

neocacher said:
[quote author=tatman link=1170461012/0#0 date=1170461011] i don't think LASERS are addicting...

Sure they are! Don't kid yourself!

Neo

[/quote]

Oh,.. I could stop playing with lasers anytime I wanted!.... LOL!

S

SenKat

windstrings said:
[quote author=neocacher link=1170461012/0#8 date=1170962075][quote author=tatman link=1170461012/0#0 date=1170461011] i don't think LASERS are addicting...

Sure they are! Don't kid yourself!

Neo

[/quote]

Oh,.. I could stop playing with lasers anytime I wanted!.... LOL![/quote]

Suuuuuure you could ! Right next to the PC you'll never use, right ? LOL !!

PC?....... what PC?....... :-?

Well... you see.. my "laptop" is not really a pc... its more like a TV since I can use it in the living room next to my loving wifey.... no time away from the Fam or nothin!!!!...

That doesn't really count..... does it???? :-X

I'm pretty sure I"m not adddddiicctedd???? ;)

L

laser

lol. the only ones here who arent addicted to lasers are the spam bots...

T

timelord

I've taken real pleasure in deleting spam bots as soon as they've tried to post their junk here :D I can only imagine the look on their faces when i've done it to them too ;D ;D ;D

Justin

Tatman, I'm glad you got your Aries so quickly! If you're now addicted to pure green power the only thing left to do is save up for a big ol' Herc just like windstrings. I think he could fry an egg with his if they weren't so white!

T

timelord

mmmmmmmmmm Yummy that big 400mw hercules has certainly grabbed my attention bigtime :cool:

Timelord said:
mmmmmmmmmm Yummy that big 400mw hercules has certainly grabbed my attention bigtime  :cool:

LoL!..  I can still feel the heat of the beam in my palm at about 50  yards!
I'm going to be getting the external powersupply that goes with it.. maybe I can cook us up some campbells chicken noodle soup while still in the can!!!!