Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FF (Forum Fail): Some users are always online?

TimTom

Hi community,

did anyone released that some or all users here always shown as online? In every thread I never saw'd a Post with the State as "OFF". Always "ON".

Did anyone know why that happens? Is the timestamp too high until the user will be displayed as offline?

Im really interested in this thing!

:thanks:

I think it shows them as "online" since they never Logged-off. They could be away from their computer but did not click the "Log-off" button, which would result in their profile showing them as "ON". I personally am too lazy to log-off :)

-Alex

Tmack

Many of us are logged in on our phones, so as long as either your phone and /or pc is logged in, it will say "on"

Trevor

If you didn't specifically click "log off," I believe the forum automatically considers you "online" for 24 hours.

Trevor

Last edited:
I'm logged on at the house on my PC, on my girlfriend's PC, my phone, and at work. Might explain why I show as online 24/7 I don't always check 24/7 but the tabs are always open should I need to look something up.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
As others have said, unless you actually click "Log Out" at the top right, you can close the page, shut down your PC, etc, and you will be displayed as Online for at least 24 hours.

Members who check the forum around once a day and don't officially log out will appear online all the time even if they are only on the forum for 5 minutes a day.

I'm sure I'm shown as online 100% of the time since I never actually click log out. Even if I just approve a sale thread and leave or check one PM it sets me as online for another full day.

Now with the Tapatalk app it'll probably be even more like this. The app will be running in the background on peoples' phones/tablets and they'll appear online indefinitely.

Last edited:
The time it takes for LPF to log out a member, who never did so, but does not visit, is over 48 hours. Not sure what it is exactly, but I've noticed myself as showing online, when in reality I haven't logged in in days - usually just means I forgot to log out from work.