Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Few questions on rayfoss 600mW

I have a few questions on this laser. I want more power! (Still deciding whether to get a high power portable or save up for a 2.5 watt labby)

1. Is the beam TEM00?
2. Does it output at least 500mW green?
3. What is the divergence?
4. What is the beam diameter at the aperture?

Whoever has this laser, please answer these questions.

I believe Phoneix77[sp.] has one of these.

Rayfoss says they're TEM00, so you should be able to exchange it if it doesn't output a clean TEM00 beam.

1. Is the beam TEM00? YES
2. Does it output at least 500mW green? Burns like hellfire, looks like a frikin lazer. Unknown output
3. What is the divergence? Looks like 1.5mRad,but not sure
4. What is the beam diameter at the aperture? Unknown

So, here's what I got so far.
I'm looking to get more definitive answers, could anyone help?

bump!

Now they say
"If you need add IR Filter lens please inform us by email.Thanks!"

Well there's your power bump right there. I just question the build of the laser. The rim around the button looks like a cheap, chinese plastic made to look like a chrome piece of steel. Other than that, the build looks pretty nice. If I were you I would email Faona, she is pretty trustworthy about her products and what not. So just send your question directly to her email on the site. Hopefully she responds quickly, she still hasn't gotten back to my email from weeks ago.

Last edited:
SUSIE is from O-LIKE. FAONA is from RAYFOSS, & she's a REAL peach of a lady to deal with.

Rayfoss has been going down hill for a while, so makes sure to ask for a metered unit. Also at that power it will be throwing a lot of IR.

For $600 you may as well buy something that you know will perform how you want it to.
You could even get a decent 589 or 473.
Power isn't everything, you know. ;)

I'm going to build a nice 445 soon. I just want the brightest and most compact handheld beam there is. (can't get anything better than 2mRad) Thought about saving up for a 3W labby, but then I thought, "why would I spend 4 grand on a laser? I could buy a nice motorcycle for that." Also the prices on 532 have been dropping like a rock. Last year I paid 500 bucks for that 250mw laser. Now I can get a 300mw for $330. Made me cry inside.

Last edited: