Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: White Fusion Kit

EDIT: Added pictures. Also, best I can remember I spent at least $450 on everything here. Make me an offer.

I've lost interest in ever finishing this project, I think. I may yet pick it back up, but being honest with myself it's not likely. So, this is a feeler to see if anyone is interested and what I might get out of this stuff.

What I have:

- WhiteFusion kit by sightfx, with heatsinks and all that good stuff.
- Color mixing board by FiremyLaser
- LiPo battery to power it, with small charger/balancer
- 12V DC supply, which can be used to run the laser OR charge the LiPo
- 445nm diode
- LOC red diode
- 120mW green module
- Clear acrylic case to hold it all
- Fans, blower type, mounted on the bottom. They extract air from the bottom of the box and blow it to the side/front
- Sweet LED-based cell voltage checker wired into the case already.

The color mixing board is already mounted (with heatsink), the White Fusion kit is already mounted, 2 small blower fans are mounted. The wiring is 90% done. All that's left to do really is put in the diodes, solder them in, and align them using sightfx's instructions.

It's actually a really sweet set-up. The case also includes a multi-colored LED-based LiPo cell voltage checker internally, already wired in and ready to go.

I've wired it to be able to run off of the battery or an external 12V DC supply, with the plug already soldered in. The LiPo is charged from a separate plug, a 4-prong plug so you can charge/balance it. The LiPo charger/balancer connects to the battery with the 4-prong plug, and uses the same 12V DC supply for it's power, so you can't charge the battery and run off the DC power at the same time.

It's also already wired to incorporate a "safety key". This is a 12-prong plug with jumpers that plugs into the case. Without connections in the right places, the laser can't turn on.

An optional addition that is already partially wired in is this: Using different "safety keys", you can also select different modes of operation, using different jumpers. For instance, 1 "key" activates the main power, activates the fans, selects external DC power, and chooses high-power operation by activating 3 shunt resistance paths. A separate "key" uses different jumpers which activates the main power, leaves fans off, selects internal battery power, and selects low-power operation. Different "keys" could choose different options, etc.

The high/lower power setting is incomplete. The wiring is there and complete, all that is required is selecting resistor values for the shunt paths. Basically, aligning and color balancing should be done for the low-power mode using FireMyLaser's instructions and the pots on the board. Then the shunt paths should be activated and the shunt resistance values should be tuned to achieve color balance for the high-power mode. If you leave it as-is, it works like every other FireMyLaser board, just with a couple extra wires that lead to nothing. But if you add the shunt resistors and make a new "safety key" to activate those paths, you get a dual-mode laser.

So, would anyone be interested in it? It's an awesome kit with a lot of time, energy, and money already invested. If you're seriously interested, make me an offer or ask for more info/pics, etc. I didn't bother taking any pics in case no one is interested.

ETA: Some pictures. They show the cool LED-based voltage tester running, the battery, the case, etc.

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

Last edited:

I have corresponded with Flaminpyro about this kit, but I'd love to sell the entire kit rather than parting it out.

So come on people, surely somebody wants an almost-complete kit?

I would be interested, but i don't know how to get this thing finished...and i'm anxious to invest alot money and then kill it all because my soldering iron sucks :D
Also the wiring looks like the buyer need to have studied some kind of electronics...would it be hard to do the wiring for a noob in electronics?

Edit: No, it is better i stay away from DIY building till i have a better soldering station and stuff.

Last edited:
I would be interested, but i don't know how to get this thing finished...and i'm anxious to invest alot money and then kill it all because my soldering iron sucks :D
Also the wiring looks like the buyer need to have studied some kind of electronics...would it be hard to do the wiring for a noob in electronics?

Edit: No, it is better i stay away from DIY building till i have a better soldering station and stuff.

I second that :crackup:
Go buy a soldering station first :p

ARG

Aligning it is the hardest part, I think you would have better luck selling this if it's complete.

I will be selling them once I get going on them, I'm trying very hard to get everything else wrapped up before starting on them or White Fusion Time Machines.

You will see a thread about them by me when I start...

Jeff - are you selling White Fusion Kits?