Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler - lm1117 gb

would you be interested?

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

3zuli

I found a cheap source of LM1117 ic's, the low-dropout voltage/current regulators
they would be like $2 for 5 pieces or $3.50 for 10 pieces. shipping to Europe: $2.50, worldwide shipping: $3. payment via paypal, these prices are without PP fees (3.4% + $0.30)
(example order: someone from USA orders 10pcs. that's $6.50 + $0,54 PP fees = $7.04)

minimum order (from the supplier) is 50 pieces. I'll take the first 10pcs, so we need to fill at least 40pcs.
would anyone be interested?

LIST (feeler):
3zuli .... 10pcs

40 left

Last edited:

rhd

That might be a little tough to swing. I bought a bag of 50x on eBay for like $9 shipping included. In fact, these things are pretty cheap everywhere - except for maybe digikey and mouser.
50 x AMS1117-ADJ LM1117 1117 ADJ 1A Voltage Regulator | eBay

Shipped, you'd be looking at $6 total within europe for 10x. I think that might be a hard sell when $9 will bring someone 50x. Granted, there's a speed advantage to buying from someone IN Europe, vs eBay sellers being in Hong Kong. Though even the speed advantage might be negligible if this is a group buy.

My two cents.

3zuli

you know, this is mostly for people who don't want to buy / don't need all 50pcs. I was originally going to buy all 50 for myself but then I realised that 50 is a bit too much :)

Last edited:

rhd

Oh hey, I wasn't meaning to bargain with you. It's still a good price you've got. I was just meaning to point out that you can find these ICs for a pretty decent bargain already. It might be a lot of hassle and work for you to run a group buy, perhaps for not a huge savings?

3zuli

ok. so I'll leave it at $3.50/$2 + shipping + PP fees. if there's anyone who needs to buy all 50, I won't discourage him.

Oh hey, I wasn't meaning to bargain with you. It's still a good price you've got. I was just meaning to point out that you can find these ICs for a pretty decent bargain already. It might be a lot of hassle and work for you to run a group buy, perhaps for not a huge savings?
that's a group buy. look at the c4s!0 diodes, in real each of those diodes is like $30, but everyone sells them at >$45 because the entire process takes a lot of work. I also must buy the shipping envelopes, that counts too.

Last edited:
ok. so I'll leave it at $3.50/$2 + shipping + PP fees. if there's anyone who needs to buy all 50, I won't discourage him.

that's a group buy. look at the c4s!0 diodes, in real each of those diodes is like $30, but everyone sells them at >$45 because the entire process takes a lot of work. I also must buy the shipping envelopes, that counts too.

Actually ~$36 for the GB price. The ones that are sell for >$45 are direct sales, not GB.

I will add that I recently bought something from 3zuli and it all went smooth, and shipped fast.

rhd

10pcs AMS1117 LM1117 1117 1.8V 1A Voltage Regulator | eBay

The purpose of a GB is to save on price for something not readily available...

This seems like it's not needed...

Don't buy the ones in that exact link above - they're not ADJ version, they're fixed 1.8V.

However, your point is a valid one. Even if you're looking for a small batch of just 10, ebay is still cheaper.

I commend the effort here, but I don't think there is any benefit to running a group buy on something that only costs a few bucks and is readily available. These ICs are almost a commodity. Not quite as common as 317s, but certainly not hard to find (in fact, I was able to find them locally in a city of 150,000 last year).

If you wanted to run a groupbuy of this sort, why not look into 1085s ?

They're ~$2 if you buy them one at a time, but you could cut that price probably in half if you got enough orders together. I buy 20 or so at a time, and it probably costs $35. If I could grab 20 from a groupbuy or closer to $20, I probably would. In terms of the IC, it's no more complicated to use than a 1117. Requires an input and output cap, but so does that 1117.

rhd

Wow, good find! Thanks!

I'm not interested in buying 1, but I may buy that 50 pack ;)