Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Ddl driver pcb

jimdt7

Hello, I have made a schematic on eagle and i will finish the pcb in some hours !

I will offer this driver on a pcb pre-soldered or as a kit

Price list :

DDL Driver kit: 8$

DDL Driver parts soldered: 10$

The parts are(LM317,POTENTIOMETER,RESISTORS,DIODE,CAPACITOR)

Also you will tell me the current that you want so that i can find the correct value for the resistors !

I want to find out how many people are interested and then i will order the pcbs !

ARG

Most people who are interested in DDL/LM317 drivers can get the parts and make it themselves. I don't think many people would be interested in this, though it's a good idea.

Hello, I have made a schematic on eagle and i will finish the pcb in some hours !

I will offer this driver on a pcb pre-soldered or as a kit

Price list :

DDL Driver kit: 8$

DDL Driver parts soldered: 10$

The parts are(LM317,POTENTIOMETER,RESISTORS,DIODE,CAPACITOR)

Also you will tell me the current that you want so that i can find the correct value for the resistors !

I want to find out how many people are interested and then i will order the pcbs !

We would need pics of what you want to sell...
And shipping cost from Greece...

Jerry

Last edited:

jimdt7

I cant send you pics of the board yet ! But i will soon ! Shipping would be about 3-4$ worldwide. If i post the schematic and the board could you tell me if i have any mistakes ?pls

Cam453

Fair enough. The ones I make look like a mechanical octopus.

Cam453

If it were only the board you could just substitute the part?

Mabye but why not just have the better chip. also we have the jib driver groove2 and rckstar microdrive . So you have a lot of compatituon bud. the jib drivers are $9 shipped for lower powers

jimdt7

Yes but this driver has i wide variety of current ranges from 0-1500mA !And also has reverse polarity protection and prevents voltage spikes !

I'm sorry but a LM1117 driver is simply better, and it's already available at a very cheap price. You don't need reverse voltage protection as long as you're careful, and if you did, it's easy to add a diode to Jib's driver. If I were you and wanted professional, I would just order some PCB supplies and make them for myself. It's not that hard of a process, and you get more of that "DIY" pride. I made my own LM1117 drivers, about $20 for 50 driver's worth of parts. I made 10 drivers in less than two hours, that are even smaller than Jib's. (Those were just on perfboard, but I have made my own PCB boards before, and it's not too difficult.)

Edit: Best of luck though, with whatever option you pursue.

Last edited:
wouldnt a lm117 be better that way you could use it for 2 cell blues

For 2-cell blues, LED buck drivers are the way to go. :beer:

Voltage spikes won't hurt a diode.... Current on the other hand

I'm afraid you're mistaken, sir. Static discharge is one of the biggest killers of laser diodes, yet the current of a static shock is a few mA at most.

Last edited:
For 2-cell blues, LED buck drivers are the way to go. :beer:

I'm afraid you're mistaken, sir. Static discharge is one of the biggest killers of laser diodes, yet the current of a static shock is a few mA at most.

ahh i apologize i shall edit my post and led buck drivers are a pain in the ass to wait 3 weeks for