Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER: Big Head K8 1x18650 or 2x18650 XM-L $28

Hi LPF,

Ric over at cnqualitygoods.com agreed to provide a discount for the XM-L light shown here.

It's normally offered as $35 + shipping or $28 for a bulk of 10, but the retailer has agreed to offer it for $28 + S&H per individual.
Registered shipping is $7 and unregistered is $4.77 worldwide.

The payment isn't going to be collected by me; you'll send it directly to the website.

The minimum quantity is 10, but I'm going to host this at BLF too, so I think it's an easily accomplishable goal.
Perhaps if we get more people, we can reduce the price even further.
I'm not making any money out of this group buy; I'm just opting for a sweet deal too.

I feel this will be a great light both for those who have and haven't owned an XM-L light.
The host has a light copper-brown tint, and I think it will look quite nice.

A very detailed review of it is on BLF here:
CityCat Big Head K8 | BudgetLightForum.com

I highly recommend that you check it out for more info.

Before I've gotten into lasers, I was a flashaholic and have owned many lights with SST-90 and SSC P7 LED's, but this will be my first XM-L light, so I'm very excited too.

The light comes with an extension tube that allows various configurations of 1x18650, 2x18650, 2x18350, 2xCR123, etc.

The large reflector allows for a tight beam, meaning that it throws very far.

Here are some pics:
IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7235.JPG

DSCF1314.JPG

DSCF1316.JPG

Thanks for your attention, and please feel free to post any questions you have. :wave:

Cheers! :beer:

Myself: 1
BLF Member: 1
The Baron: 1
Comet221: 1

Last edited:
@ryan I'm glad to hear Ric is bending an ear to you this is a fab. deal, however I've noticed that sometimes he can be sugar talked... If you could maybe mention to him that the BIG BOY is now offered in silver. Ask him how he would feel about host only in that light seeing how alot of us were late to the party.

This bad boy

@ryan I'm glad to hear Ric is bending an ear to you this is a fab. deal, however I've noticed that sometimes he can be sugar talked... If you could maybe mention to him that the BIG BOY is now offered in silver. Ask him how he would feel about host only in that light seeing how alot of us were late to the party.

This bad boy

Great! Thanks for the info. I'll talk to him about it.

Is there a lot of interest for the Big Boy/Magic Fire?

I'll ask him for a quote for bulk without the emitter, reflector, LED driver, and the front glass.

Do you guys need the pill for laser builds?

Blord

I like the Big Boy host much more. If 10 pieces are bought then it cost only $40 each.
It has a slightly smaller diameter head than the k8 in case you want to build a flashlight.

The brass pill is a standard part of the host. It can't be omitted.

Last edited:
I like the Big Boy host much more. If 10 pieces are bought then it cost only $40 each.
It has a slightly smaller diameter head than the k8 in case you want to build a flashlight.

Haha, I was planning to get the K8 myself just as an EDC flashlight. No mods or anything. :D

Perhaps a GB of the Big Boy? :wave:

Blord

The K8 and the Big Boy aren't EDC flashlight. They are too big for this job. You need something smaller like the C3 or the XP-EF23 host.

The K8 and the Big Boy aren't EDC flashlight. They are too big for this job. You need something smaller like the C3 or the XP-EF23 host.

My pockets are deep! :na:

But I do adore the color and build of the K8.

Edit: I ordered a Stainless C3 from the DX deals section a couple days ago. Hope it arrives... this year. :D

Last edited:

The brass pill is a standard part of the host. It can't be omitted.

They would have to drop the price of that empty host just a bit more than that COMPLETE BIG BOY
maybe 40 with shipping included. I would stick to the DRY host for that, but I'm hoping that the X-boost will be out or using a FM driver for the BIG BOY build.... I really like the silver/shiny host:beer:

Blord

The good thing about the battery configuration of the Big Boy host is that is can be change. Factory stock it comes in 3x 18650 in parallel but it can be modded to 3x 18650 in series with soldering and cutting 3 lines in the PCB.

The good thing about the battery configuration of the Big Boy host is that is can be change. Factory stock it comes in 3x 18650 in parallel but it can be modded to 3x 18650 in series with soldering and cutting 3 lines in the PCB.

This can be done with the DRY as well.

Blord

Yes but not with the SolarStorm, King, Queen and the Rook host. I am building a laser in the Rook host and it can't be changed. The Rook laser suppose to be online by now but I killed the 500mW Mitsubishi diode :D

Last edited:
It is a little hard to tell from the pictures. Would you guys say this host is more of a copper color rather than a silver? That is the only thing detracting me from this offer.

Yes but not with the SolarStorm, King, Queen and the Rook host. I am building a laser in the Rook host and it can't be changed. The Rook laser suppose to be online by now but I killed the 500mW Mitsubishi diode :D

How did that happend:cryyy:

Blord

Let say I didn't do my Zen exercises. :)

My mind wasn't clear during the build. I was troubling about the current delivered by the driver and the heatsink has a problem.
In a delicate build like a laser this could a potential disaster. In a moment of carelessness I short circuit the diode and turn it into a LED forever. It was my most expensive lost so far in my laser building. :(

In the end I solve the problem of the driver current and the replacement diode is now underway from DTR :)

It is a little hard to tell from the pictures. Would you guys say this host is more of a copper color rather than a silver? That is the only thing detracting me from this offer.

I'm pretty sure the host is of a copper color than silver.
In the review over in BLF, Richie, the reviewer, said this:

First off, my photos do not do the copper color of this flashlight justice in any way. If you want to see the true color, please stop by Ric's website.

Last edited: