Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

feed me knowledge

so i have searched and searched and i am unable to find a thread that contains exactly what i am looking for so your vast knowledge would be appreciated

i have purchased a few cheap ebay lasers and am not too impressed not much more could have been expected

so to the point how many mw of each wavelength gives you:

a nicely visible beam(without smoke)
lights matches
good visibility at a long distance

thank you in advance for your help :beer:

To answer your questions:

First it depends on the wavelength. For the answers below I will be using 532nm

1) 75-100mW
2) 100-150mW
3) 100mW

That info is readily available on the forum. There is a trick to the search bar here.....dont use the one listed as "search", use LPF search and you will get MUCH better results.

lighting matches requires either brute force in power or focus-ability of the beam. Those pen hosts lack both

http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77 200mW of these should light a match with ease, FYI you will need PROPER laser safety glasses and those will set you back $45 shipped

100mW of the above link will work as well but why get 100mW when you can get 200mW for just a little more :eg:

FYI, ALWAYS ADD THE IR FILTER!

Last edited:
Hmmm, its the exact URL. Anyways its just the HL532 model from LaserBtb

EDIT: link works for me, try again?

Last edited:

Tmack

Ill vouch for joker and his lasers. I have one on me right now. It's overspec, solid, and incredibly stable. ( it's is a 650)