Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FedEx, you had one job to do

/rant

So a friend is off in another state on vacation. He calls me a couple days ago saying he lost his keys. Since I live down the road, he had a locksmith meet me at his house so I can get his other set. BTW, he was leaving today. That meant the keys had to be sent overnight. That's fine. Well, FedEx somehow forgot to send the package once it reached the local hub. Luckily they are going to refund the cost which was about $80.

I want to know how you pulled off getting the house opened in the first place.

I can picture this conversation:

"Oh, I don't live here, I just want you to open it for me.
My friend who lives in this house is out of town and lost his keys, open his house and I will take his keys and mail them to him"

Wow, either you are good at social engineering or the locksmith was an idiot. :)
Or you are leaving something out.

But anyway, that stinks with FedEx :(

/rant

So a friend is off in another state on vacation. He calls me a couple days ago saying he lost his keys. Since I live down the road, he had a locksmith meet me at his house so I can get his other set. BTW, he was leaving today. That meant the keys had to be sent overnight. That's fine. Well, FedEx somehow forgot to send the package once it reached the local hub. Luckily they are going to refund the cost which was about $80.

Last edited:
/rant

In other words, he called a locksmith and gave the locksmith my name. That way the locksmith knew who was supposed to be meeting him.;)

I bought a ring roller for bending steel, It's basically just a ($800) 70lb lump of metal.
I got a call a few days later from a business owner in a town 2 hours north of mine saying he found my SIGN FOR ONLY package on the sidewalk in front of his business.
Luckily it had my number on it and the guy was a good samaritan or I would have been SOL.

Here in Canada Fedex is a joke, at least in the states USPS keeps the courier services honest but I live a mile north of a relatively large town and they refuse to ship my parcels to me yet they continue to send me additional bills despite the lack of service.

I'm dealing with them right now on a bunch of FETs and they called to say I could come pick the package up in a city 2 hours south of here so I get to spend ~$60 on fuel to pick up a package shipped half way.

...They also called at 4:30 on a friday. :gun: