Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Favorite smartphone apps/games

I'm an appaholic and always looking to expand my collection.

My favorite game would be Neko Atsume. You literally just collect cats, I find it chill and fun.

My favorite app would be Sky Guide. It lets me point my phone at the night sky and identify so many stars, planets and satellites. Really fun.

What is LF's?

Rivem

I'm an appaholic and always looking to expand my collection.
My favorite app would be Sky Guide. It lets me point my phone at the night sky and identify so many stars, planets and satellites. Really fun.

Yeah man! These sorts of apps really changed my methods as an amateur astronomer. They're awesome. Get a nice telescope, and you can even hook it up. I use my laptop a bit more though (darker screen and imaging).

I hesitate to say my favorite game since I go through them like crazy, but Amazon Underground (Android) is my favorite source for them. Good stuff for free all the time.

Yeah man! These sorts of apps really changed my methods as an amateur astronomer. They're awesome. Get a nice telescope, and you can even hook it up. I use my laptop a bit more though (darker screen and imaging).

Oh yeah I've been looking around for a good amateur telescope. I was thinking of starting with an Orion SkyQuest XT8. I want to get a photo of each planet and get it framed once I've got them all (including pluto).

Rivem

Oh yeah I've been looking around for a good amateur telescope. I was thinking of starting with an Orion SkyQuest XT8. I want to get a photo of each planet and get it framed once I've got them all (including pluto).

The SkyQuest is an excellent beginner scope, but don't expect even simple astrophotography to work out very well with it. Dobsonians aren't good for photography at all, but you can usually manage Saturn, Jupiter, and maybe Mars or Venus. Don't expect Pluto without a faster focal ratio and a better mount. Feel free to PM me if you want more advice.

Last edited:

ped

I hate cell / mobile phones... so I interact with mine as little as possible. An app that helps me achieve that is called light manager. It lights the LED depending on whats going on. For instance, if joe bloggs 1 texts / whatsapps me, it flashes bright blue , if joe bloggs 2 texts , it flashes bright orange. You can set any call / flash sequence for any event, emails, calls, anything. So using that means I don't even have to pick my phone up...just a quick glance across the room will tell me the LED colour & flash sequence.

I'm developing a new website for us Introvert's.

www.facelessbook.com - The Anti-social network

Ped

Last edited: