Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fast Tech 405nm short review

The laser is a Fast Tech offering in 405nm.
Find it here.
$22.53 5mW 405nm Blue-Violet Gypsophila Light Laser Pointer w/ Charger - 1*18650 / black / adjustable focus at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It comes in a box marked Green Laser Pointer, but it is a 405nm.

The box was a bit crushed, but there was no damage. This is a pic of it unpacked. The laser was in two layers of bubble rap and tape. The battery was first wrapped with bubble wrap then tape then aluminum foil and more bubble wrap and last tape.

NOTE: All of this type of laser that I have or did have( 7 or so) the positive end of the battery faced the tail cap. NOT this one, the negative end goes to the tail cap.

This is a pic of the front of the unit running.

And a nice shot of the beam, not using any smoke.

It comes with an end cap with diffraction grids in it, for " party fun".
It is focusable and burns wood very well, in less than a second.
The specs are
Power 107mw
Current draw at the tail cap 192ma
Battery 18650 Ultra fire 3800mAh don't believe that, with an internal resistance of 111 mOhm, lowest if seen on one of these. it had a 3.88v charge.
And as with these units a charger that may try to burn down your house( see link in my sig)
I use a runtime of 60sec on 60sec off. That way it will last.

That's about it.
I would recommend this unit for someone looking for an inexpensive 405nm.

Pman

Nice quick concise simple review for a simple unit.
He threw this up just for quick info. as no one has tested a unit like this coming from Fasttech.
Also, he does know how to get much less expensive units. I purchased this for him as a simple thank you when I found out he liked 405nm. In other words, Antharak did not choose this particular unit or supplier;)
Just a simple nice little 405nm to have fun with and no worries concerning a big loss if it breaks:)
There's plenty of fun to be had with a >100mw 405nm with focusing and star cap:D

Gitd fun! I've seen these from a eBay seller I already have good experience with. I think I'll pick it up just to charge gitd stuff. Thanks antharak