Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

False advertisement?

Well everyone's heard of people getting ripped off with buying lasers and they were much less powerfull than advertised or were pot moded but this is an the opposite way, I think. I recently got a "532nm <5mw laser" yet you can cut through electrical tape, pop black balloons, cut through black trash bags, and supposedly light a match, I tried that once and it didnt work but the battery wasnt fully charged and now were out of matches. Now, how can a less than 5 mw laser do that? And if it isn't 5 mw what do you think it could be? About.

If its something fron ebay it could be anywhere from 50 to 100mW

Its from amazon, I would post a link but im on a nook woth no copy and paste, the wierd thing is, all lasers on amazon just say <5mw never less, never more. Hold on, I'll get the link.

Cel

If they weren't sold as <5mW lasers; customs, PayPal and others would make problems, and chances that your laser will be taken by customs would increase...

Nope, the links not going to happen, but its on amazon and its called MillionAccesories Military Adjustable Focus green laser pointer pen 5mw 532nm Beam Powerful 5 miles

This is not surprising. It actually costs more to ensure that a green laser will be < 5mW, so usually it's quite a bit more. Also, if it's coming in those non-pointer hosts, it's usually quite a bit more powerful.