Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fake lasers in pictures.

THIS THREAD SERVES NO PURPOSE ANYMORE SINCE MY AVATAR IS GONE THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT TOOK IT SO SERIOUSLY.

OK I made this so people don't start pointing lasers in their eyes and so people stay safe. My old avatar showed a picture of me and what appeared to be a laser in my eye. The wonders of photoshop are great. Look at these fake beamshots I made.
2010-07-07%2011-57-23.jpg

(idk if you can see this one)
37394_1326355687942_1502410901_30709830_1247382_n.jpg

The reason my avatar looks so real is because I had it rendered so many times that it made the dot blend in with the pic.
I would never be so stupid as to point a laser into my eye.
You can tell my avater is fake because I morphed my face up. Look how big my forehead is :crackup:
Photoshop is an amazing program I'd recommend it for fake beamshots :crackup:

Last edited:

OK I will take this avatar down sorry guys who like the avatar but Im getting bad reps for it. Its causing too much hype.

Last edited:

cmak

OK I will take this avatar down sorry guys who like the avatar but Im getting bad reps for it. Its causing too much attention too.

Irresponsible as it may be, it's not multiple -rep worthy in my opinion.

-Chris

Last edited:
Irresponsible as it may be, it's not -rep worthy in my opinion. Here's one to help balance things out :beer:

-Chris

I disagree. Look at mikeBP's rep from his eye spot thread. I think that with something as potentially dangerous as a laser, anything irresponsible is bad.

cmak

@HumanSymphony I never supported irresponsible behavior

Irresponsible as it may be, it's not -rep worthy in my opinion.

-Chris

Hey HumanSymphony why you gotta -rep me man? I'm just stating my opinion as far as the punishment he had to undergo for it! He took a LOT of -rep's for it and I just wanted to help him out.

I DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR

I disagreed with the harsh punishment of getting neg-rep'd by every guy and his dog for it, I did not promote anything irresponsible.

Now I'm not one to complain, but I feel that was seriously unfounded, HS :yabbmad:

-Chris

Re: @HumanSymphony I never supported irresponsible behavior

Hey HumanSymphony why you gotta -rep me man? I'm just stating my opinion as far as the punishment he had to undergo for it! He took a LOT of -rep's for it and I just wanted to help him out.

I DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR

I disagreed with the harsh punishment of getting neg-rep'd by every guy and his dog for it, I did not promote anything irresponsible.

Now I'm not one to complain, but I feel that was seriously unfounded, HS :yabbmad:

-Chris
Deserved every bit of neg rep he got for it IMO. Like I said, showing disregard for laser safety IS NOT OK under any circumstances. In +repping him, you supported him.

cmak

Re: @HumanSymphony I never supported irresponsible behavior

In +repping him, you supported him.

I supported HIM, as a person who just lost a lot of rep for one mistake, not his decision to post irresponsible picture. Listen, I even SAID that it is IRRESPONSIBLE in my post, and the reason behind the rep is CLEARLY STATED as being to help him get back on his feet.

If a judge thinks that the 50 years in prison is too much someone that just robbed a bank, and tries to push for 45, that judge does not support his actions in any way!

I hope you see what I'm trying to get across here... your rep carries a lot of weight. It's like the judge being put in jail for fighting for a slightly lesser sentence of a criminal, despite the judge stating and believing that the criminal activities committed are in no way rightful or acceptable.

:(

-Chris

Last edited:
Eh... I don't see why it's such a big deal.
The guy wanted to share some photochopped pictures. One happened to be of himself with a green light from his eye. So what?

If that is bad, then the picture I posted is much worse, right? I mean, I'm obviously telling noobs it is ok to shine lasers at planes by mocking media exaggeration... right?

Nobody here condones using laser pointers to distract pilots or intentionally blind themselves and others. Everyone already knows it's bad.
IMO his post was not "disregard for laser safety." Every post should not require a disclaimer.

I supported HIM, as a person who just lost a lot of rep for one mistake, not his decision to post irresponsible picture. Listen, I even SAID that it is IRRESPONSIBLE in my post, and the reason behind the rep is CLEARLY STATED as being to help him get back on his feet.

If a judge thinks that the 50 years in prison is too much someone that just robbed a bank, and tries to push for 45, that judge does not support his actions in any way!

I hope you see what I'm trying to get across here... your rep carries a lot of weight. It's like the judge being put in jail for fighting for a slightly lesser sentence of a criminal, despite the judge stating and believing that the criminal activities committed are in no way rightful or acceptable.

-Chris

Supporting an irresponsible person... hardly any difference :thinking:
Saying he's irresponsible while +repping him also just looks silly lol
I have no problem with you, but go around supporting fools and I'm gonna call you out on it (via neg rep).
It's a serious thing. You know damn well safety is a huge concern on this forum, and people abusing it should be VERY MUCH ridiculed for it (if not banned).

cmak

Does a judge have the right to fight for a lesser sentence for a criminal?? There IS a difference, and it is a very major one!

I'm still in awe that I lost almost 100 rep points for trying to help someone that already learned their lesson from a mistake! Back in the day when I made the giant mistake of asking people for rep (what the f*ck was I thinking...), I got -Rep'd to hell for it. I then learned from my epic mistake, sincerely apologized, and never did it again.

There were some people that then +rep'd me for learning from my mistake and they tried to help balance out all that -rep I got. Do all those kind people deserve to lose a bunch of reputation for trying to do that? Really, do they??

Saying he's irresponsible while +repping him also just looks silly lol
I never said he's irresponsible, I said his actions were. Since he had learned his lesson, hid the picture, etc., I decided to help HIM out and support HIM AS A PERSON, and NOT support his irresponsible actions!

There were two parts to my post basically, the +Rep and the stating of my opinion. The +Rep was to slightly ease the punishment for his action which he had already learned from and took back. The opinion was a personal judgement in terms of how much punishment one should take for certain actions. Please explain to me which one of those two parts of my post you took 100 points for.

:thanks:
-Chris

Last edited:
I already stated how I feel about the punishment, therefore how you feel about it has no bearing (we have different opinions obviously) :na:

Asking for rep is hardly comparable to laser safety abuse. This kind of thing gets people HURT, while asking for rep does nothing but make you look silly.

Whether you said he was irresponsible or not is irrelevant. An irresponsible person is one who does irresponsible things, no?

Last edited: