Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fake Eagle Pairs?

I do not have a lot of experience with lasers and I really want to keep my eyes safe so I bought some safety goggles from amazon by this seller called lightobject. When I got them they came in a case that said Eagle Pair. The glasses say 190-450&800-2000nm OD4+CE on them and I want to make sure that they are the real deal. I got "eagle pair" goggles from some seller before and the case just said Eagle Pair with no symbol and the glasses had no words or numbers on them. I took some pictures if that would help with these. I just want to make sure that my eyes are safe and I don't have a LPM. I am also using 808nm lasers and it is hard for me to test this. If you can help in any way then thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/IIfCc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/haxhx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/StJpV.jpg

Last edited:

Has anybody seen these before? I can't seem to find a matching pair anywhere. Only close matches.

Sounds like your original pair were the fake ones.

Last edited:
So this new one is real? I shined my 808nm laser through the goggles and most of the IR light went away but there is still a little faded bit of it left. (I used the camera.) does that mean it is not working well?

I'm just really worried because I don't want to blind myself or lose vision by staring at an IR dot with glasses that don't work. The funny thing is that the old pair is better at blocking 405nm light and blocks 808nm in a similar way. They may have been from o-like but I am not sure. (The old ones.)

Last edited:
Yeah thats odd. You should not see anything pass.

How many mWs of 808nm are you hitting it with?

Even if it was 1W there should not be any 808nm going through.

Either you have a cloned pair, or your laser is putting out a higher wavelength than 808nm. In the document below it shows they dont protect well over 810nm.

Untitled Document

Be careful with 532 nm as well, I have the same Eagle pair glasses and whilst they work well at 445 nm, ie block all the light from a 1+ W 445, some of the light from a good quality, IR filtered, green 5 mW pointer still gets through. In short, I wouldnt trust them with high powered greens.
I have ordered an LPM and will measure the mW's of leakage when it arrives.

That's odd. They are OD 4 for 532nm. They should have no problem blocking 5mW.

Wait a few hours for the pros to chime in. Maybe they have a better explanation.

I feel like my goggles are a copy because 405nm gets through pretty easily at 120mw. I can see a dot after shining it through the glasses and with green lasers it definitely leaks through. My old pair of goggles actually block my green laser very well compared to this one which only blocks it a little. The 808nm still leaks through both a little though.

My old ones say 6080 on them so thats why they may be better at blocking 405nm and green lasers if they are really 6080.

Last edited:
Quality Control.

Thats how we get most of the sleds we pull diodes from. Companies have bins they throw the items that fail. The Chinese are notorious for selling these items claiming the are perfect. The standard there are nothing like we have in the US. They can basically say anything they want without repercussions.

Oh dang :( I really need to do more research before I go and buy things. They are fun to wear though, heh.

They are fun to wear though, heh.

If they are not protecting you like they should, it will not be fun. When you wear any goggles it gives you a sense of being safe, so in turn you're more relaxed. The more relaxed you are, the more you're prone do make a mistake. And with these goggles a mistake can cause you to lose your eyesight.

Last edited:
I'd say this is one more reason to stick to trustworthy stuff from trustworthy sellers.