Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fake 5mw red laser from ebay

Hello all i get today red laser from ebay.But it is no 5mw.I think this laser maybe 1mw or 0.5mw.Laser beam not visible with eye.Green laser i buy and from ebay.Both lasers cost same. But green laser real 5mw.This green laser is very powerful. Fake 5mw red laser vs real 5mw green laser - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E_w71wemxZM

Green is WAY more visible to the human eye, and 5mW won't burn. Although, green 5mW has a visible beam and red doesn't.

Where do you live? I can LPM it for you if you ship it to me, also try this and btw the highest powered 650nm(red) I've seen was 350mW and it did not have a beam even close to a 30mW 532nm(green) just to put things in perspective. Also try using a magnifying glass to focus the laser and try to burn black foam like from take out containers (friendly's T/O containers) if it burns its over 50mW if it doesn't it's under 50mW and if it burns without the magnifying glass its over 100mW. (my old LPM trick before I had a real one :p)

Last edited:
i dunno- most meters dont do well at such a low power-

- we need to know the location (& age) of all who come here for help-

it needs to be added to the users personal profile- no location-- no help-- no exceptions--

OP-- I dont see your introduction post in our welcome section-- many ( including me) fail to come here with ,what we feel. is the best way to get started in a mannerly fashion-

just say HI & give us some background before you head to the open bar and free food-- so to speak--we like to be on a frist name basis when we can- there may be a fellow lasergeek living down the street and you two will never meet without your location in you PERSONAL PROFILE--

MI SOLO DOS CENTAVOS

Last edited:
i dunno- most meters dont do well at such a low power-

- we need to know the location (& age) of all who come here for help-

it needs to be added to the users personal profile- no location-- no help-- no exceptions--

I tend to agree... we have no clue as to what part of
the globe he sits on or what his native tongue is or even
how old he is.

It seems obvious that the 5mW eBay Laser is not a fake
as the Thread Title so boldly announces...

I've bought 5mW ebay pen Lasers and they output
between 10mW and 15mW of Red.
The 5mW Green Laser pens put out near 30mW...

The OP's power meter seems to be his eyes...
He had done no reading on the Forum to at least
give him an idea of what wavelengths of the same
power of lasers are the brightest.

BTW the OPHIR Heads...the LaserBee 2.5W USB and
the LaserBee A can measure below 5mW..

Jerry

You can contact us at any time through our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

I'm sorry, but honestly, who cares? It's a standard-fare $6, 5mW or 1mW or whatever red laser pointer bought from some random seller out of Hong Kong on eBay. What do you expect? It's not going to be bright no matter what.

What next? Complaints about cheapo, $3 laser pointer keychains bought from the counter at Office Max?