Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fake?? 5mW laser cuts tape?

Grix

The laser is obviously overspec, there have been reports of 5mw lasers from DX measuring up to 50mW.

well gee...that's certainly not a good thing to hear...I'm guessing this is how the chinese respond to the "5mw only" from custom's import regulations

Haha, I just thought of something you think DX makes um over spec for like to shove it in the FDA's face for taking away the good paying Americans lmao.

Maybe the guy who put it together picked from the 50mw pile rather than the 5mw pile. I've seen the same design of those lasers that go up to 200mw. $59.99 at DX.

There's no way a 5mw can cut tape. It's like saying that a butterfly can charter 1,000 people half way around the world

we have taken them apart it looks as though the 5's 10's 20's 50's 75's and 100 mw are the exact same just turned down to the desired mw output

oh i purchased id say 50 of these total ive turned up over half about 25 the only ones that died is the ones i blew out by over current to them my fault 150%

They're poor Chinese builds that don't last long a friend of mine brought back a "5MW" Pen from a vacation to China and that thing makes an impenetrable beam in the dark even with local light pollution and it pops balloons at nearly 20 feet cuts tape and burns slightly to have it hit your skin. I think they are just set to the selected output because the green 50MW laser I just got from ledshoppe makes 75MW with the change of a resistor and the temperature is still A OK.

I don't think 5mw can over-burnt to the power can cut tape. ...
Cut dick with 5mW + dog seems easier ...

SMIDSY

Ive had my DX 5 rated at over 35mW only 4mW of which was green.

Answered the question of ir filters though dunnit.

Diesel

Definitely FAKE!
Where's the smoke?

He was "Cut" the tape by applying force.

"it is the basic one from ebay". Ebay lasers are know to be any random output. And Diesel, I don't think he could have broken it straight through the middle by pulling.

It can easily be prepared to be pull apart....:whistle:

[EDIT]
Anyone notice that there was No Smoke at all produced by
the plastic tape burning...:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Last edited: