Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eyooo

Greetings to everyone that happens to read this! I am the Noble one, or you could refer to me as NK88 or Jason. I made my way to these forums after the whole "Arctic fiasco", in which I proceeded to lurk for about 2 weeks until I finally registered. This is my second forum being a member to; I was part of the Playstation forums for about 3-4 years. I always had an interest in lasers before, but I've just been very busy and I never found out that there was a real hobby behind these things. And it's been good and bad finding out about this. The pro, there are many different lasers out there to choose from besides the regular pointer. The con, this opens up a new category in which my $$$ disappears into:yabbem: lol. That's about it for now, feel free to PM or reply, glad to be here:yh:

PS- and yes I do read the stickies and try to use the search function as much as possible =p

daguin

Greetings to everyone that happens to read this! I am the Noble one, or you could refer to me as NK88 or Jason. I made my way to these forums after the whole "Arctic fiasco", in which I proceeded to lurk for about 2 weeks until I finally registered. This is my second forum being a member to; I was part of the Playstation forums for about 3-4 years. I always had an interest in lasers before, but I've just been very busy and I never found out that there was a real hobby behind these things. And it's been good and bad finding out about this. The pro, there are many different lasers out there to choose from besides the regular pointer. The con, this opens up a new category in which my $$$ disappears into:yabbem: lol. That's about it for now, feel free to PM or reply, glad to be here:yh:

PS- and yes I do read the stickies and try to use the search function as much as possible =p

Don't let the Arctic threads taint your perception of us. They are a "short-lived" exception to the norm

Peace,
dave

actually a pleasant intro... welcome. and likewise to you... If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

michael

Hai Noble, you will find that lasers hobby is a branch of science and expertise on it's own - there are more things to learn than you can think of , and science and physics behind it are fascinating!

Ofcourse, that does not mean that the beggining and entry level lasers are complicated beyond understanding , actually they are quite simple, as you are about to learn yourself.

May I give you a quick reference to places that you'll give all your mone... akhem, I mean where you will buy your lasers and parts?

First, for entry level lasers, if you've never seen higher power handhelds before, is DinoDirect, pick some of their cheap flashlight or pen units, they've proven to be OK in therms of quality. Link : Online Shopping For Your Needs With WorldWide Free Shipping - DinoDirect.com

When you are ready to move up to DIY and such, start by looking into:
Modwerx Shop <-awsome if you live in USA
HighTechDealZ - High Tech DealZ <- awsome wherever you live, free shipping, that's where I buy stuff (haven't purchased anything lately though... hmm)

For more expensive and higher quality lasers go to
Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
www.rayfoss.com

And when you are feeling rich (and you hate it), or want the apsolute best quality lasers known to mankind, go to:
Laserglow Technologies
NOVAlasers Home
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

There is a site called cnilasers.com, however you will see that you cannot order directly from them. It's possible to set up something for one time order via phone, but it'll cost you greatly.
A great member here, called Glenn (username scopeguy20), runs Group Buys here, it's here a lot of member buy lasers so we get quantity discount.
You can look for CNI GBs in Group buys section.

And don't forget, you can replace a fried diode... but you can't replace a fried retina! So go buy yourself some good goggles that will protect your eyes, and don't forget common sense usage along with lasers - they do more good than thousand of safety goggles to you and those around you!

Enjoy your stay on the forum! :beer:

Well seems everything is simply covered.
Other than that, welcome to the forum and I look forward to your questions, reviews, or just simple laser talk!!

Thanks everyone!

Hai Noble, you will find that lasers hobby is a branch of science and expertise on it's own - there are more things to learn than you can think of , and science and physics behind it are fascinating!

Ofcourse, that does not mean that the beggining and entry level lasers are complicated beyond understanding , actually they are quite simple, as you are about to learn yourself.

May I give you a quick reference to places that you'll give all your mone... akhem, I mean where you will buy your lasers and parts?

First, for entry level lasers, if you've never seen higher power handhelds before, is DinoDirect, pick some of their cheap flashlight or pen units, they've proven to be OK in therms of quality. Link : Online Shopping For Your Needs With WorldWide Free Shipping - DinoDirect.com

When you are ready to move up to DIY and such, start by looking into:
Modwerx Shop <-awsome if you live in USA
HighTechDealZ - High Tech DealZ <- awsome wherever you live, free shipping, that's where I buy stuff (haven't purchased anything lately though... hmm)

For more expensive and higher quality lasers go to
Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
www.rayfoss.com

And when you are feeling rich (and you hate it), or want the apsolute best quality lasers known to mankind, go to:
Laserglow Technologies
NOVAlasers Home
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

There is a site called cnilasers.com, however you will see that you cannot order directly from them. It's possible to set up something for one time order via phone, but it'll cost you greatly.
A great member here, called Glenn (username scopeguy20), runs Group Buys here, it's here a lot of member buy lasers so we get quantity discount.
You can look for CNI GBs in Group buys section.

And don't forget, you can replace a fried diode... but you can't replace a fried retina! So go buy yourself some good goggles that will protect your eyes, and don't forget common sense usage along with lasers - they do more good than thousand of safety goggles to you and those around you!

Enjoy your stay on the forum! :beer:

And thank you for the generalized summary. I probably won't be getting into any DIYs anytime soon, though you all do make it seem so very simple after reading a bunch of threads. Hopefully I can get a decent handheld collection started, currently waiting on a greenie from O-Like!

Thanks everyone!

And thank you for the generalized summary. I probably won't be getting into any DIYs anytime soon, though you all do make it seem so very simple after reading a bunch of threads. Hopefully I can get a decent handheld collection started, currently waiting on a greenie from O-Like!

Nice!, you seem to be on the bandwagon. O-like is a great place to start (apparently you did some reading :D:D)

Welcome to the forum :wave::wave::wave:

Thanks everyone!

To others, not only you,
Folks did you notice that lately, the links do not turn greyish to contrast the regular white text (in standard theme layout) ?!

Noble, all the "titles" of the companies are links, you can click and browse around, just in case you did not know.

If you have a soldering iron and some basic idea how to use it, you can construct your own red and bluray builds in no time, constructing your own driver for red is also very easy. Blurays can do with boost drivers which are harder to assemble but you can buy them from example O-like also, so you can powr bluray diodes from 2x alkaline batteries.

It actually is pretty simple. :D You will see soon enough.
Once you witness glowing beams of light across nighsky that stretch for miles (or kilometers, depends where you live), you'll be addicted to it like the rest of us with no chances of escaping...