Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Eye Protection

Eye protection is an important type of measure in the context of laser safety, as the eyes are particularly sensitive to laser radiation and at the same time particularly important. Different kinds of laser radiation can cause different types of damage. Most important is damage of the retina as most often caused by excessive irradiation in the visible or near-infrared spectral range, but there can also be damage of the cornea or the lens caused by mid-infrared light (causing overheating) or ultraviolet light (causing cataracts of the eye's lens).

Different kinds of eye protection are required when working with dangerous light sources. A first approach should target the source, preventing dangerous beams from hitting the face in the first place. However, this may often not be achieved with the required certainty. Therefore, it is often necessary to use additional eye protection with special kinds of laser safety glasses (also called safety goggles). These contain absorbing filters and/or multilayer structures (dielectric coatings) which operate as Bragg mirrors for certain wavelengths.

Requirements on Safety Glasses
Safety glasses should fulfill a number of requirements:

a high enough level of attenuation of incident laser light by the glass, achieved by absorption and/or reflection
adequate protection against beams coming from the side (particularly when working with high power levels)
durability of both the glass and the case, even under conditions of strong heating by an incident laser beam; absence of photo-bleaching (particularly for use with ultrashort laser pulses); low tendency for scratches
clear indications concerning the kind of protection (to avoid that glasses are used in cases where they do not provide adequate protection)
ease of wearing: sufficient daylight throughput, sufficiently large viewing angle (to avoid accidents where one bumps into unnoticed objects!), avoiding excessive heating and moisture within the case, and a light weight for avoiding pain due to the excessive pressure on the skin
It can be difficult to meet all these requirements simultaneously in a particular case. Some typical limitations and tradeoffs are:

In experiments with visible laser beams of different colors it can be difficult to obtain simultaneously strong attenuation at all lasers' wavelengths and high enough transmission at other visible wavelengths.
Goggles which protect against high power levels have to have a closed design, usually containing glass filters. Unfortunately, such filters are relatively heavy, and there is a tendency to accumulate moisture within closed goggles. Therefore, such eyewear can be uncomfortable to wear. (Note that unpleasant or inconvenient safety equipment can cause enormous risks if it entices workers to not using it!)
Therefore, different types of safety glasses have been developed for different circumstances. For moderate optical power levels, lightweight goggles with plastic filters can be used. These are made of, e.g., a polycarbonate with a dye mixed into the material, or with an absorbing or reflecting coating. For higher powers, real glasses are usually preferred. These can be more robust against laser light and also against abrasion (but less so against mechanical shock), apart from offering better visible light transmission. There are also combination products, containing a lamination of filter glass and polymer layers. Special coatings help to prevent a filter from totally falling apart when the glass is cracked under the influence of high-intensity light.

Apart from the filter glass or plastics, the housing is also important, as it influences the protection against beams coming from the side or the rear, but also the ease of wearing, the field of view, the tendency for fogging, the possibility of wearing prescription glasses below, etc.

The multiple trade-offs show that it is important to select carefully eye protection which is suitable under the given conditions. One has to take into account not only the properties of the lasers involved, but also various other aspects of the work environment.

OUR products: absorbing type  and Reflecting type  
absorbing type  FOB price :$53
Reflecting type FOB price :$15
CE certificate http://www.shieldoptic.com/en-ce.htm

Attachments

• sytle_1_and_3.JPG
    sytle_1_and_3.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 150

absorbing type :The principle of protection is: when laser beam reaches the lenses, the absorbing dye in the eyewear can absorb the energy of the laser beam, and convert to thermal energe.
Reflecting type :The principle (dielectric coatings) which operate as Bragg mirrors for certain wavelengths.

Henrystal,

Please don't spam your crap. It's bad enough many people here cannot tell the difference between shit and shinola when it comes to laser systems. Those more educated persons here try to steer them in the right direction, to companies that produce at least decent systems. When it comes to laser safety, however, there is no substitute for FDA/CE/CSA certified and rated eye protection. You can talk until you are blue in the face but your safety glasses will be no more certified than they are now. You obviously don't care if someone injures themselves with your crappy products because you have their money and they have no legal recourse. I know your manufacturer and I've seen a CE certificate for only one wavelength and OD. That certificate does not cover all the glasses and OD ratings as much as you wish it were the case.

You kill me with your dielectric glasses. Real, certified dielectric glasses can run as high as $600.00 USD but I'm sure you'll claim the same protection from your "mirrored" glasses. You are typical of standard Chinese business ethics. You market it and sell it regardless of safety. Quality takes a back seat to quantity. I'm sure you will get a good share of people emailing you about your great deals but try not to hurt too many of them. There's no accounting for ignorance.

FrothyChimp said:
Henrystal,

Please don't spam your crap. It's bad enough many people here cannot tell the difference between shit and shinola when it comes to laser systems. Those more educated persons here try to steer them in the right direction, to companies that produce at least decent systems. When it comes to laser safety, however, there is no substitute for FDA/CE/CSA certified and rated eye protection. You can talk until you are blue in the face but your safety glasses will be no more certified than they are now. You obviously don't care if someone injures themselves with your crappy products because you have their money and they have no legal recourse. I know your manufacturer and I've seen a CE certificate for only one wavelength and OD. That certificate does not cover all the glasses and OD ratings as much as you wish it were the case.

You kill me with your dielectric glasses. Real, certified dielectric glasses can run as high as $600.00 USD but I'm sure you'll claim the same protection from your "mirrored" glasses. You are typical of standard Chinese business ethics. You market it and sell it regardless of safety. Quality takes a back seat to quantity. I'm sure you will get a good share of people emailing you about your great deals but try not to hurt too many of them. There's no accounting for ignorance.
oh ,I have the CE certificate ,I think you are afraid that i will take your customers.Now I tell you we export much more laser safety glasses ;D ;D ;D
CE certificate http://www.shieldoptic.com/en-ce.htm

Gotta love a jacktard that comes to a great forum like this one and spams his crappy products. I seriously doubt that you will have any takers here. With the information available to the users of this forum, you are going to likely find educated people capable of forming their own opinions. Go sell your snake oil to some other rubes. Not Interested. :mad:

By the way, if you read other threads here you will find much more viable alternatives at lower prices. Search key=friend.

JaxSmirkingRevenge said:
Gotta love a jacktard that comes to a great forum like this one and spams his crappy products. I seriously doubt that you will have any takers here. With the information available to the users of this forum, you are going to likely find educated people capable of forming their own opinions. Go sell your snake oil to some other rubes. Not Interested. :mad:

By the way, if you read other threads here you will find much more viable alternatives at lower prices. Search key=friend.
I think you a rubes, what can you give the forum friends ,great information or nice products? I think chinese people is very strong in laser ,so you do not have to so excited.haha

Several style of the laser eyewear can be chosen according to our custom. The price list above is according to the style which shown on you website. The different style if you chosen, please contact us directly.
2) The Optical Density list in the chart is the lowest O.D in laser protection. We can provide higher O.D (eg: 5+, 6+, 7+) eyewear used in difference palace.
To meet the demand of our customers, we can provide all kind of manufactures. A custom-designed safety eyewear can be supplied.

henrystal said:
[quote author=JaxSmirkingRevenge link=1220259865/0#7 date=1220325350]Gotta love a jacktard that comes to a great forum like this one and spams his crappy products. I seriously doubt that you will have any takers here. With the information available to the users of this forum, you are going to likely find educated people capable of forming their own opinions. Go sell your snake oil to some other rubes. Not Interested. :mad:

I think you a rubes, what can you give the forum friends ,great information or nice products? I think chinese people is very strong in laser ,so you do not have to so excited.haha[/quote]

So let me get this straight, you think I a rubes? ::) You may want to get some decent translation software, you are coming off as being pretty ignorant. I think you underestimate the intelligence of the readers. I know I can pretty fairly represent most people on this forum by stating that we would MUCH rather have great information than "nice" products. Your idea of nice will likely get somebody hurt so you can make $15 on a pair of worthless glasses. Information, on the other hand, will allow the ignorant to become informed and make decisions that will preserve their health and wellbeing. Now hitch up your horse and ride out of town.

I think you  have less knowledge of laser and laser safty,you also can not understand the laser safty glasses.So you are a  ignorant  guy. The high power laser place must be use my absorbing type  laser safty glasses. ;D :cool:

Wow, your Chingrish keeps getting worse with every post. How do I buy your glasses? I now see the error of my ways and realize that the only way to truly be safe is to use your cut rate product. Put me down for five pairs. Maybe if I wear all five at once I might get a little bit of protection and only be partly blinded.

I think you have done well to reveal your true motive for posting here and anyone with a little bit of sense will avoid your glorified sunglasses like the plague if they value their eyesight.

We can provide our customer several kind of laser windows,laser curtain.A custom-designed safety eyewear can be supplied.

Attachments

• ful-1.jpg
    ful-1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 121
Awesome! Just think of it, a curtain made of lasers...or am I wrong about what a laser curtain is? ::)

I thought you gave up peddling your snake oil here buddy. Glad to see you back at it. I was worried about you. The Chingrish is not so bad this time either. Good for you.