Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ey up, Laserheads

Hello all, nice forum. Enjoying reading about lasers. Lots of knowledge here. I've been looking at the site for a couple of months now (without posting), but the time has come to ask for advice on my first build (blu-ray (PHR803-t)). There's something puzzling me that there may be a simple explanation for. What's happening is, the momentary switch on the driver is working the opposite way round than it should. i.e. when I press it, the laser turns off, and when I let go the laser turns on again. It's not in a host yet, just the diode in the focusing bit of the aixis module with the driver attached, and a contact spring soldered onto the positive hole and centre pad on the driver.
The way I'm testing it is just by using one of those 2xAA battery boxes with 2 wires coming out. Attaching the red one to the spring, and screwing the black one into the focusing head of the module.
Sorry for the long post, and the probably stupid question. Hopefully there is a simple answer which you all know about!

Well, it's not stupid. But what driver are you using? And can you take some clear pics of your wiring and post them here? That'd go a long way in diagnosing this.