Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Extremely dim green laser dot

Hello guys, I was dissasembling the lens to clean it today and when I wanted to turn the laser on, all I found was an extremely dim green dot only visible when i look into the aperture. Is my laser dead? What might have happened during the cleaning process? I checked to see if the laser assembly is still tightly in place and it is. Nothing seems to be physically damaged from the looks of things and there are no rattling parts within the laser body itself. What might be the root reason for this? This is extremely frustrating because I've already replaced the laser once in the past. Your input is needed.
Thanks!

Did you just clean the lens? Maybe you knocked the crystals out of alignment...
But most importantly, did you try a new battery?

Trevor

They'll often go dim like this when voltage is too low, as Uranium said. I'd try a battery before you do anything else.

How "apart" did you take it?

-Trevor

I have two batteries and both were fully charged and i now get this dim red light that then turns green and thats it. I only removed the focusing lens/ring assembly, but the laser parts have been untouched. Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

Trevor

First of all, don't look into the aperture. That dim red is IR leaking, and can and will damage your eyesight.

This doesn't sound like something you can fix yourself.

-Trevor

I thought so too. I guess I'll have to send this one in for exchange yet again. Hope the third one works the way it's intended to. Wish me luck...