Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Extracted LD module from ND-1300A DVD RW Now What?

Daz

Hi All,

From reading a post on the forum I understand that the ND-1300A DVD RW has a decent red laser in it. I've taken the laser module out of the drive and now need to know:

a) How to actually extract the laser diode from all the rest of the module
b) Once done how do I get it powered up, etc.

Thanks in advance
Daz

Lotus_Darkrose

There are a lot of threads on here for taking apart sleds and extracting the diodes. Search the forums. As for what to drive it at, someone might know.

Daz

Yeah, I did a search for the ND-1300A and the only thing I could find was that it did have a decent LD in it.

Daz

I'm not actually certain it actually works as was wondering once I've removed it if there is a really simple way to power it up (i.e. no driver) to check...even for a few seconds.

Lotus_Darkrose

Well no one is going to buy that exact dvd burner and do a teardown picture by picture just for you, lol. Look through some of the extraction threads for other sleds. I'm sure there's a few that are very close to what yours looks like.

Daz

would still like some help once I get it extracted to test it though!

Daz

what i thought was the laser from removing parts only appears to be lenses. Am I mad?