Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Even plane retards in my country

Pointers are not yet illigal but this will help them make illigal alot faster...
Jongen hindert lijnvliegtuig met laser | Spitsnieuws

Although its in dutch it plainly says the kid was shining at a airplane on 6km altitude height.
(while i question how those pilots can really be bothered by them on such a altitude)
But the worst part is that the guys in that plane called the air police and those came to the city with a searching helicopter to find the user with the laser. When the helicopter arrived the kid shined his laser to the helicopter. he kept doing that until the helicopter turned on the flashing police lights.
This happened last night.
He's being heard for the police today...

and he's 15 years old.

I don't think lasers should be illegal, but some clear regulations would be nice. IMO no one under 18 should be allowed to own a laser >50mw, at least without a training course. If they were illegal entirely then anyone any age could have a pointer of any power just because it's illegal for everyone. It brings me to a project I did back in high school. I did a survey of students ages 14-18 asking them if it was easier for them to get marijuana or alcohol. A whopping %93 (iirc) said it would be easier to get marijuana. Because of the fact that it's illegal here creates the underground market for it with no age restrictions making it readily available to kids. Some students stated that because alcohol has restrictions, it makes it harder for them to find someone 21 to buy them booze than it is to walk down the hall and get a bag of green.
My $0.02,
Matt

Last edited:

Blord

I read that news too. He is just ignorance about the dangers of laser. The consequents are very severe. Most youngsters aren't aware of that. I hope he learns from that lesson.

But still...the pilots in that plane were trolling and being an ass as well...5km altitude? Come on the divergence would make the beam flashlight shaped up there. And it would be impossible to shoot the pilots in the eye unless there is a mirror mounted at thr cockpit or whatever thats called in english.

Doesnt take away that the kid was being a 'tard as well by shining at the chopper.

This is worse it's absolutely terrible, it's the kind of thing that will get lasers banned like they banned fireworks (in my state anyway) only sparklers are allowed.

I wish more people would think about their actions before they execute them....:scowl:

btc5

Now lasers are not illegal as you won't do physical harm except blindness.
When technology go further and homemade user will be able to create enough powerful handhelds to make holes in people, and small enough to be carried as concealed weapon, they will surely will be restricted as guns. I am 100% sure of it. Sadly, but true. But don't worry, for now we don't have such efficient batteries , or it has to be uranium-powered laser :eg:.

Last edited:
When technology go further and homemade user will be able to create enough powerful handhelds to make holes in people, and small enough to be carried as concealed weapon, they will surely will be restricted as guns. I am 100% sure of it. Sadly, but true. But don't worry, for now we don't have such efficient batteries , or it has to be uranium-powered laser :eg:.

Um.... :thinking:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/actual-laser-laws-country-53770.html

Most countries have banned lasers. If you however, do live in a world where they're not banned, I'll pack my bag and go right there. :whistle:

Cheers! :beer:

Again, no amount of laws prevent idiots from doing stupid things.
Kind of like the police (rent a cops) here telling people to stop driving their motorbikes on the sidewalks and then the locals decide to drive on them anyways. As I say, you can't legislate common sense. You can make the fines and the punishment unbearable when they are caught..

Wait, if and when that dreadful day comes we'll create a National Laser Association to protect our right to bear lasers. Most of us 99+% are not like the idiot referenced in the OP. The NRA does a great job on protecting gun rights all we need is the laser equivelent.:D