Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ev0 series

ok first off im new to lasers so dnt flame me for buyign from wicked (learned bout NOVA etc after buying) anyways for my first laser i ordered the ev0 series 5mw to try it out. i heard alot of ppl tlkign obut how much their lasers peak and their avereage output in mw and i noe u have to send them it or w/e to get them tested but i was wondering what u would GUESS my peak and average would be with eh 5mw ev0 its a logn shot but might as well

Switch

Since it's just the 5mW version there's probably going to be a small difference , if any, in what they advertise and what you get.Also the waste of money isn't that big if the unit won't be up to spec , or will die on you.

Oh, and maybe you should try to re-write that post when you're sober, there are some parts I failed to understand ::)

lol yea sry i was sorta in a hurry and i dnt quite understand u either. well i spent 101 in total for a 5mw ex0 sereis laser. it was my first laser ever purchased and is still being shipped(hopefully gettign moday due to UPS error) i heard alot of people talking about how there lasers are over/underpowered and by how much liek "oh i got a 100w tht peaks 135 and averages 115" i sorta realized my 5mw wnt have tht great a difference and after listening to ppl rant over WL im scared its gonna be a P.O.S but w/e i was just wondering if u would take a guess at what my peak and avereage would be if u were to test my laser wether it be over or underpowred...srry if u still cant understand me :-/

so you want someone to take a guess at how powerful your laser is
without using a meter
without seeing the laser
without you even having the laser yet..

ah thanks i feel retarded. i noeu need tools and all to measure it but i mean have u guys heard of other ppl's 5mw's and seen how much theyve said it peaks and averages? if not then u can forget i asked this question i guess (dnt forget im new to this)

spensa

do you mean the peak and average mW if so they used proper equipment to measure the output

you could have just said
what output do people normally get with the 5mW evo
and i'll tell you probably 5mW...

Alright.

Its good to come here BEFORE you order lasers, hehe.

The evolution series is made with a smaller beam diameter. This means the beam is more compact which allows the laser to brun easier. This is ONLY effective in higher models (IE 55 mW's and up)

Getting the evo and paying a crap load more than the core is relatively pointless for a 5mW laser. You arent going to burn anything or even get close to it with the 5mW evo. In fact, id bet the 5mW evos are Wickeds 15mW rejects that didnt perform even to their standards :eek:

Ive never used a 5 mW evo because theres really no point to spending the extra cash-compared to a 5mW DX laser or even the CORE you could have saved 4X the price.

Youll get 5 mW.... or close to it. A nice pointer with a beam slightly visible at night. Not worth the 100 or so bucks (You could have gotten an infiniti 35......)

Things

Most 5mw green lasers will be about 5mw since 5mw is easy to produce, its more the IR ouput in 5mws but it should be alright

ok thanks i got it in the mail today, i only ordere it cuz it was my first laser and i wasnt paying for it so i wanted a nice lookign one, its brighter then i thought so thats nice i can even see the whole beam if im behind the laser but its very dim even inside with lights on :D also do u need protective glasses for the laser?

With respect to the evolution and core, what is the advantage of paying $30 dollars more for a laser with worse divergence?

Cyparagon said:
With respect to the evolution and core, what is the advantage of paying $30 dollars more for a laser with worse divergence?

As i said, theres is none :D

The aluminum case? I'd gut it and use the case for a real laser!