Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

envee  100 vs wl or dl 125

i am considering the envee 100, need feedback comparison showing positive or negative when compared with the wicked 125 or the dragonlaser 125.

Re: envee  100 vs wl or dl 125

I personally would choose Envee 100mW if size is not an issue. The price on those is great, and I'd expect the true power to be closer to WL and DL 125s than the numbers would lead you to believe.

However they are much bigger too.. far from pen-sized pointers, so if the size is important, they are out of the question.

S

SenKat

Who sells the Envee again ?

P

Placebo

envee has some interesting specs:

.8mm beam diameter at aperature
I'm not sure what the diameter of my DL 125 or my WL 95 is, but they're both bigger than that. WL's spec is twice the emvee's .8mm is very small! Typo maybe?

AA batteries
To me that's a big plus! AA's maH availability is much better than that of AAA. Much more efficient cell for not that much bigger package.

On off button on back cap
That bites the big one in my book. I gots to be able to point and click with one hand. This would seem to invite the opportunity to drop the MF.

3 second emission delay
That bites an even bigger one, basically for the same reason. I want to be able to control exactly when the beam goes on and off.

600-650mA
That bites the biggest one of all. My 125 draws 500-550 mA and absolutely kicks ass, but perhaps this isn't really that big of a deal. Someone more DC theory smarter than me please comment on this factor? Thanks!

What ever you do, don't get a Wicked laser! They cost too much, and they are low quality!!

I have two, and nether of them work properly... :'(

S

SenKat

Placebo said:

I'm not sure what the diameter of my DL 125 or my WL 95 is, but they're both bigger than that.  WL's spec is twice the emvee's .8mm is very small!  Typo maybe?

AA batteries
To me that's a big plus!  AA's maH availability is much better than that of AAA.  Much more efficient cell for not that much bigger  package.

That bites the big one in my book.  I gots to be able to point and click with one hand.  This would seem to invite the opportunity to drop the MF.

3 second emission delay
That bites an even bigger one, basically  for the same reason.  I want to be able to control exactly when the beam goes on and off.

600-650mA
That bites the biggest one of all.  My 125 draws 500-550 mA and absolutely kicks ass, but perhaps this isn't really that big of a deal.  Someone more DC theory smarter than me please comment on this factor? Thanks!

The power issue - it means it will eat your batts faster ! Less run time, but if you are using nimh's you'll be okay.....

T

timelord

Here's a screenshot of the Lucent's specifications..

Attachments

• 2007-01-24_092454.jpg
    2007-01-24_092454.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 86
S

SenKat

Somebody, buy one and send it to me for testing ;D ::) :cool: I'll put that sucker through it's paces for sure !

Sniper

So out of all the lasers there are which one has the easest time burning something that is under 125mW strongest. I was looking at the eveen and it looked to big my me. I kind of want the smallest most powerfulest burning power there is, under 125mW.

Placebo said:

I'm not sure what the diameter of my DL 125 or my WL 95 is, but they're both bigger than that.  WL's spec is twice the emvee's .8mm is very small!  Typo maybe?

AA batteries
To me that's a big plus!  AA's maH availability is much better than that of AAA.  Much more efficient cell for not that much bigger  package.

That bites the big one in my book.  I gots to be able to point and click with one hand.  This would seem to invite the opportunity to drop the MF.

3 second emission delay
That bites an even bigger one, basically  for the same reason.  I want to be able to control exactly when the beam goes on and off.

600-650mA
That bites the biggest one of all.  My 125 draws 500-550 mA and absolutely kicks ass, but perhaps this isn't really that big of a deal.  Someone more DC theory smarter than me please comment on this factor? Thanks!

Wow double A's thats cool because of the availibility and is the on and of button a temporary one or can you just push it and set it in a table and it will still work?

P

Proctor

The Envee 100mW has an on off key, with another 1/8th stereo "key" that has to be in to work.

Attachments

• envee3.jpg
    envee3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 97
T

timelord

i'm drooling now what a fantastic piece of kit for the price of $295

Cracking picture too that camera is worth every penny you spent on that ;)

i agree tl which is why i bought the 100 lucent. the key can be turned on 24/7 without being in place but the stereo jack must be in. there was a thread on candlepower laser forums as to modifying jack to a virtual flush fit. i love the on ,off shutter but do not like the 3 second delay. that safeguard is like waterwings over a wetsuit

T

timelord

I just can't wait for them to come back in stock :)