Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Had a quick play last night with my 'brass' 450nm unit with beam expander on a mini tripod.
Thought I'd 'mix it up' a little and capture as many colours as possible during the evening twilight.
Venus is bright one at the centre top of the frame (left of the 'end' of the beam) while the setting crescent moon is getting 'ready for bed' just above the tree line.

See if you like it.

RB

2A2A2561-pro.jpg

:yh:

Hey RB,
Yes I do like it! Very surreal looking. Where is the red coming from?

Hey ya Bruce, glad you like it !
I was really aiming for that surreal look, glad you could see that.
Ah the red, I forgot to mention, I had a red head torch that I used to 'light paint' the surroundings.
I was glad to see the blue drown out the red in the final image on that one tree.

:)

Hey RB,
After viewing your inspiring photo I looked for some I have taken in the past. Here are some old pics trying to use lasers (and longer exposure times) to try to get other parts of the picture to have very rich color saturation. The ones taken outdoors have nice colors. The ones taken in my house against a mirrored wall were using lasers and Philips Hue lighting. If anyone has time to search the forum (multimedia), look for some shots LPF member Grainde took a few years ago. They are out of this world surreal looking outdoor pics with color saturation very similar to RB's great photo.

Last edited:

BobMc

Wow!! Got no words that will work but Wow!! Awesome pictures!! Made my morning ! Thanks

Absolutely beautiful shots RB and Brucemir!
Thanks for sharing!

Things getting "frozen" over here :san:
P1110857-Export.jpg

YIKES...6 months of 20hr/day Darkness !!! Frigid temps !!!

Whaaaaaaaatttttt ????

I dunno !!! I complain about Michigan !!! BFD...does not hold a candle to the Winter Wonderland you live in AD !!!

Well...I suppose the LD's like it cold !!!...But ......errrr...the more mature I get....the MORE I HATE THE FRIKEN COLD !!!! NOT 4 me !!!

Should kill all the bugs !! EXCEPT the God awful mosquitoes !!! Rent should be low !!!! ...and 6mo of no stinkin yard work !! OK... AND... IT IS BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT !!!!!

HMMM.....How about....set up a live feed....that ...er...what...PODCASTS....every hour....on the hour....for 3min...just showing Beam shots.....SOOoooooo...the rest of the folks....could tune in....every hour....and see the changing Artic beauty.....and Laser beams !!

Hahaha....Just fulla'helpful suggestions....ain't I !!!!:beer::beer::beer:
Beam Out

diachi

I can probably do the "arctic beauty" just not the beams ... Down to -17C at the start of this week, warmed up some towards today. Snow is here, won't be leaving until ~May. The darkness is fast approaching.

Edit, 6000 posts! :D

Last edited:
Hey RB,
After viewing your inspiring photo I looked for some I have taken in the past. Here are some old pics trying to use lasers (and longer exposure times) to try to get other parts of the picture to have very rich color saturation.
Thanks Bruce glad you liked it.
I can't view your pics atm, I only see little square cross'.
When I click the box I see that photobucket is "down for maintenance" since yesterday. :yabbem:
I'll keep checking back cos I really want to see them.

Absolutely beautiful shots RB and Brucemir!
Thanks for sharing!

Things getting "frozen" over here :san:
Dude, I never get sick of your shots.
Keep them coming AD.

Edit, 6000 posts! :D
Wow, 6k, congrats man!

:beer:

Hi RB,
Yes Photobucket has been down now for a day or so. Since it has been a while I hope they are not defunct, though I would have read about it somewhere online.
You may have seen them on Flickr. They are in one of my more recent Laser folders

Last edited:
Here are some old pics trying to use lasers (and longer exposure times) to try to get other parts of the picture to have very rich color saturation.

DSC_8004_resize_zpsleo7rs2g.jpg

That last shot is ridiculously good Brucemir! :bowdown:

The long exposures certainly worked, all those shots look incredibly vibrant. Fantastic perspective as well!

Had a quick play last night with my 'brass' 450nm unit with beam expander on a mini tripod.
Thought I'd 'mix it up' a little and capture as many colours as possible during the evening twilight.
Venus is bright one at the centre top of the frame (left of the 'end' of the beam) while the setting crescent moon is getting 'ready for bed' just above the tree line.

See if you like it.

RB

:yh:

Great photos RB! Awesome that you were able to capture the stars as well without over-exposing the beam or red light. Simply stunning!

If anyone has time to search the forum (multimedia), look for some shots LPF member Grainde took a few years ago. They are out of this world surreal looking outdoor pics with color saturation very similar to RB's great photo.

Yes indeed! I remember seeing his multimedia thread when it was first posted, beautiful photos. Here's the link to Grainde's thread if anyone's interested.

Fun in the garden...520 and white light!

This is my favorite one of his. The lens flare looks quite good too!

42807d1376571035-fun-garden-520-white-light-pic-heavy-garden-pics-9.jpg

Hi Will,
Yes thats the post. All of the pics in that post are fantastic. Some of my favorite of any of the pics on the forum