Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

And water shots for Radim..

forest_04_web.jpg

forest_08_web.jpg

water_01_web.jpg

water_02_web.jpg

water_05_web.jpg

water_03_web.jpg

Beautiful shots as always, Arctic. I'd love to see some water shots like those last few, except with multiple lasers creating a multi-colored glow... :whistle:

Looks like spring is in the air, even there. :D Great photos as usual. I have to wait to rep you again. :(

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Wonderful pics again ArcticDude. :) Same here, can't rep you again. :beer:

Last edited:
Thank you guys! :thanks:
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed of those pictures..

Radim:
You can always update your camera and lens and enjoy lower power lasers during laser painting. Lower power means longer duty cycles and relatively smaller hazard issue during painting.
That was also my approach. Now I can take nice beam shots just few seconds exposure with relatively low power lasers. (with my old camera I had to use very long exposure or high power lasers)

I tried to comment that to your +Rep and accidently hit enter in middle of sentence.

WhiteFang:
I'll try to work something out ;)

Few multibeams for WhiteFang..
f/2.0, 3.2 s; ISO 1600

NUBM07E was controlled via remote tail switch, and lasing only 0.5 - 1 sec. Otherwise pictures would have been overexposured.

multi_beam_01_web.jpg

multi_beam_03_web.jpg

Multi_beam_04_web.jpg

multi_beam_02_web.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shots, Arctic! Just as I imagined them :D Imaginary +rep because I still can't give any more to you :p

Oh WOW Arctic !!
Speechless mate !

How wonderful is that RGB build my friend.
Love the pics, awesome. {suppose I'm not speechless anymore LOL :crackup:)

Love it.
+rep when I can.

RB

Radim

Thank you guys! :thanks:
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed of those pictures..

Radim:
You can always update your camera and lens and enjoy lower power lasers during laser painting. Lower power means longer duty cycles and relatively smaller hazard issue during painting.
That was also my approach. Now I can take nice beam shots just few seconds exposure with relatively low power lasers. (with my old camera I had to use very long exposure or high power lasers)

I tried to comment that to your +Rep and accidently hit enter in middle of sentence.

WhiteFang:
I'll try to work something out ;)

Oh, thanks for advice as well as for amazing pics, ArcticDude. :thanks:

The problem with the high powers is not only lens, I also need large depth of field, therefore I need high f number. But it can be improved with better lens of course. With low f number I cannot keep whole pic in the sphere focussed and have only slight bokeh in background. Also there is often high light pollution (nearby city), where I need to beat it with higher powers and keep this stray light as low as possible. But yes, even with lower powers it is possible to get great results, if the conditions are good. And lens and full frame camera are on my long term investment list already. :D

I'm still dreaming about amazing 532 nm beam and flat surface made through cylindric lens (or it can be done with some scanner as well), here the high power is quite needed. I'll try it with my current 532 nm as well. When I tried to do it with 1 W at 520 nm in winter, it was "Oh", "Ah" and "Wow" as it spreaded green flat surface around entire forest clearing and projected bright line on trees like 300 meters far. Such a beauty... ;)

Let's see I need to think about it more.

I'm glad to see this thread has continued and is now the default thread for laser photos and artwork. I look forward to seeing what else is brought here in the future.

Regardless of the moon and the sun, these came out looking very nice. Thanks for sharing them, ArcticDude. + rep.

Encap

Here I just like to share what's on my mind and what I know to contribute here somehow.

....I'm thinking about some unique 532 nm of extreme power far over 1 W and awesome beam specs beating some labbies and in portable with a great verstile and durable host for my laserpainting purposes. Maybe time for custom build? I do not have much a courage to do it. on my own. Basicaly that only thing I can get completed to my ideas is maybe some awesome DPSS laser module....

Think very extreme power 589nm yellow and 593.5nm yellow orange.

C_jcsMWUAAAK0Wo.jpg:small

Last edited:
So, how was this done, Encap? Looks like it was done in editing of the photo after it was taken.

diachi

Nice shots as always Arctic. I see the midnight sun will be with you guys shortly too. :beer:

I guess Encap is referring that beautiful full moon that was few days ago.
Unfortunately I was a bit late and managed to shoot only 29/30 full moon :whistle:

_1160035_web.jpg

_1160037_web.jpg

_1160049_web.jpg

_1160051_web.jpg

_1160052_web.jpg

_1160053_web.jpg

_1160055_web.jpg

_1160057_web.jpg

_1160059_web.jpg

_1160061_web.jpg

_1160074_web.jpg

_1160108_web.jpg